Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 28 February 2019

Turkey Trot

Hi everyone, I hope my final entry for Rike's 'The Colour Yellow' theme at Art Journal Journey will make you smile!
We have had three days of running around - and on Tuesday walking around as our car had to go for a service - the garage is not on a transport route and we walked....a very long way there and back! My daily steps target was doubled and then some!!!
I was just a little bit achey yesterday, still, it's good training for Paris in a few weeks time! Of course in Paris we have stops for refreshments or exploring and taking photos and although I will exceed my step target it will not be quite so under pressure!!
This page just about sums up how I feel at the moment!
We have had such a busy time that now we need some rest, so you can probably guess where we are now....
This page was made with NeocolourIIs, a little bit of stamping, doodles, scraps and precut Paper Artsy Elena Zinski and Carabelle Studio Birgit Koopsen images.

Thank you Rike for my new love of using yellow - such a cheery colour which sometimes matched the weather this month, although we are back to grey today! 
This has been such a fun challenge!

Thanks for looking, Chris

14 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

This page really makes me smile- GORGEOUS - this turkey and the quote ... fancy and fabulous layered!
A wonderful last entry for Rike's theme Chris! Adorable! Thank you or all the support! You are the best!
Hope you have some pleasant rest now after all the strenuous efforts!
Happy weekend ahead!
Big hugs, Susi

Cath Wilson said...

Oh Chris, you made me giggle out loud! I know how you feel. The good weather is so perfect for walking in and I did a fair bit the last few days, after weeks of almost zero activity - it takes a while to get back into it!

Fab page - full of fun and a great joy bringer.
Cath x

Rike said...

Thank you Chris - for your nice words, I am glad you now love using yellow, it is really a cheery colour!
Your page made me smile, oh yes, what a wonderful combination of colours, words, stamps, doodles, scraps and funny images!
Thank you for your amazing last entry to my theme at AJJ! I appreciate it!
Wish you a happy day and a wonderful weekend! Rike x

Rita said...

I LOVE this page and the quote!! The chicken cracks me up.
What a long walk! I guess you can say you were in training for Paris. ;)

Divers and Sundry said...

That did bring a smile :) Your bird and I are kindred spirits ;)

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is fantastic. What a great idea.

Meggymay said...

It is a fabulous and fun page the quote is great. Have a good relaxing days to recover from you long walk.
Yvonne xx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous fun page Chris and I love the quote you used. Hope you're recovered from your walk now.
Avril xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Once again, I'm running late. Your turkey trot is adorable and that quote has me laughing. I absolutely love it. It's a great way to end Rike's yellow themed month at Art Journal Journey, dear friend.

craftytrog said...

This page certainly made me smile Chris. I love it! xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Glad you are having some time to relax before your travels to Paris, how exciting! Your page is fabulous, I love the fun Turkey and quote, I think my mind feels that way too sometimes ...lol 😉. Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊 x

Dora said...

Very pretty creation. Beautiful stamping and using of colours

Neet said...

Thank you Chris for making me smile this morning. A great page.
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

I love this art Chris. It is fun and the quote made me smile. and I am glad you'll be off to PAris and then hopefully get to take us on an armchair journey once you are home. March must be a great time to visit the city. Happy new month. Hugs-Erika