Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 20 February 2019

Sparkle!

Hi everyone! I have another journal page all ready for joining Rike at Art Journal Journey for her 'The Colour Yellow' theme.
You may remember a few weeks ago I bought some collage sheets from instagrammer Arttealife - her Etsy shop is here- I have used some of the fussy cut images in my planner but today I have a new page in my square journal.
I painted the page with shades of yellow Fresco paints to cover up a started page that lost it's way!! and then sprinkled with Golden Sands Infusions and spritzed with water! I added some random stamping with a crackle stamp and then added some paper circle strengtheners which I coloured with paint and doodled around. I created my lady giving her some sparkly lips and hat using Stickles. My sentiment is one I received in a swap with another IGer - Lisa. I mounted it on a square piece of scrap paper I had doodled some faux sewing on. The stars were part of a Christmas hat(worn once for a very short time!!!)

I used a blue Stabilo All pencil to outline the image and the page - slightly damped with a water brush!

I would also like to join in at Moo Mania and More where the theme is 'Women'

Thanks for looking, Chrisx

18 comments:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is lovely. Great artwork.

Neet said...

A great fun page here Chris. Love the daisies.
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

I like this lady and her sparkly lips. The quote is fantastic. She makes a fabulous character on your page! Hugs-Erika

Brenda Brown said...

What a funky lady, love how this came together xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Funky and fun, this is an adorable and clever journal page. I was so impressed with your woman and loved her dress and legs. This has to be one of my favorite journal pages I have seen this month. Thanks so much for sharing it with us using Rike's yellow theme at Art Journal Journey.

BTW, I loved the "started page that lost its way." I can relate.

Helen said...

my favourite bit is the background - but it makes me wonder what it's masking that lost it's way!!

froebelsternchen said...

What a fancy lady - and I LOVE how you treated and sheaded her so well on this amazing background and your faux stitching is superb , even with loose threads...so clever! I am in awe of this page dear Chris and you made my morning ! I am just happy to see this linked to Art Journal Joureny and Moo Mania & More! Thank you very, very much! Fantastic!
Happy day!
Big hugs, Susi

Rike said...

What a clever idea to use shades of yellow for covering up a started page that lost it's way! Now it became a wonderful art journal page, this lady with the daisy on her head is the eyecatcher! The sparkling stars fit perfect to this lovely quote!
Thank you very much for joining my theme at AJJ again! Rike x

craftytrog said...

A wonderful page Chris, your lady is fabulous!
Alison xx

Krisha said...

What a FUN page!

Meggymay said...

She looks quite a gal Chris. Its a fantastic page with a great quote.
Yvonne xx

Words and Pictures said...

I love the earthy yellow tones of the background, giving a warm glow to your fabulous sparkly woman. She's a complete delight!
Alison x

Rosie said...

Wow, a very artful page

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fun page! The different papers that you used to create your lady and your sentiment with all the sparkly elements are perfect 😁. Happy Friday! J 😊 x

Marjut said...

Fantastic page.

Cath Wilson said...

Haha, this page is so much fun! You're a collage queen, Chris. Love it.

Cath x

Eileen Bergen said...

This page made me smile, Chris. First,"a started page that lost it's way." Boy I have lot of those! Then "Sparkle like you mean it." I don't doubt that she means it - lol. Fun page :D Eileen XX

Gillena Cox said...

Nice page. Great textures

Much👩‍🎨love