Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 19 February 2019

Powder Your.....at TIOT!

Hi everyone! Our new challenge at Try It On Tuesday involves using powders in your entry - it can be Embossing powder, Mica powder, any powder you can spritz with water, hence the title - 'Powder Your...'!
Please let us know which powders you used.

The Design Team have been throwing powder all over the place to create some fabulous example for your delight!

I used Paper Artsy Infusions and Brushos to create my journal page.
I started my page by sprinkling it with Infusion powder - Golden Sands - some partly through a stencil - I wasn't too concerned how random it was as I knew a lot of it would be covered up.
I also added the infusions to a Pears Cyclopaedia page and through  a stencil on a sheet of plain paper.
I also used some yellow Brusho powder on another piece of plain paper and chose part of it to attempt to draw an Alex Clark style bird.

I forgot to take any more photos so here you see the book paper, Tracy Evans AALLandCreate flowers and the vase which is cut from a shape on part of the stencil.
The bird is walking on some ripped 'Infusions' paper to which I added gold pen marks.
I wrote the main title and then added some words found on three separate pages in my King Arthur Tales book(that I rescued from hubby's charity shop pile a few years ago!)

I hope you won't let the dust settle and will join us at Try it On Tuesday for this challenge - you have a chance of being chosen as one of our Top Five or even as our Guest Designer.

I would like to enter this at Art Journal Journey too, where Rike's theme is 'The Colour Yellow'.

Thanks for looking, Chris


20 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've told nearly everyone of the TioT DT that Brushos must be the powder of choice, but I've never seen them in my craft stores. I love the effect you got on the bird, and was thrilled you chose yellow as your color of choice because it works great for Rike's theme at Art Journal Journey, too. It was sweet of you to combine the two entries. I really like your background, your bird, and the flowers. This is a well thought out and nicely constructed journal page.

Meggymay said...

An awesome page Chris, I love your hand drawn bird, it looks so sweet against the colour and detail in the background you created, super words as well.
Yvonne xx

sheila 77 said...

This is a magical page, Chris, everything is so creatively made. I am impressed by your use of colour here, muted colours, but it is so effective. I admired the title, nice lettering and the words you found, very clever.
And the vase of flowers and the sweet bird plus the background - it's all so good. I also enjoyed reading how you made it.

Rosie said...

A very beautiful journal page, Chris

My name is Erika. said...

I can't believe how fantastic your bid came out. You did get a great version. And that bird is the star of the page, which is gorgeous Chris. Hugs-Erika

Cath Wilson said...

I LOVE your bird, Chris - fab drawing and a great page. The colours are perfect and it all pulls together beautifully.
Cath x

Rike said...

Your mixed media collage is gorgeous! Very nice to make it in yellow! Your attempt to draw an Alex Clark style bird has ended in a great success - beautiful bird!
Thank you so much to join my theme "Yellow" at AJJ again!
Wish you a happy day!
Rike x

Rita said...

So cute! I like the look of that Brusho powder. :)

sirkkis said...

Love your powder page. It is stylish and beautiful every way 😃

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is beautiful. Your birds are adorable.

Lula said...

i am in love with your yellow bird Chris! So beautifully designed page!
Lula xxx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a fabulous page! I think this is one of my favourites especially with the sweet yellow bird 😁. It looks like you had lots of fun with those infusions powders too ...lol 😉. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a happy new week! J 😊 x

Joan said...

It's a fabulous page Chris and I love that you drew that lovely bird .


Joan x

froebelsternchen said...

This page is simply TERRIFIC dear Chris! I am in love with your handdrawn bird!Thank you for yet another fantastic entry linked to the Yello topic at AJJ! ♥♥♥
Big hugs, Susi

Mrs.B said...

A lovely page Chris and your little hand drawn bird is fabulous, love the little path for him to walk on.
Avril xx

Neet said...

Another delightful yellow page Chris. I just love your bird - you drew it yourself ... it is ever so good. Well done. Love the powders you have used too and your background stamps.
Hugs, Net xx

Helen said...

what a gorgeous page!! love this one so much.

Marjut said...

So beautiful page!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is a super page Chris love how you captured the bird by using the image as a template it really has a style of it's own so sweetly surrounded with all those layers and gentle colour. A beautiful display. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs Tracey xx
P.S I'm playing TioT catch up with you lovely ladies xx

Caty said...

OOoh my gosh Chris !! I misses this post, so sorry. I love love it !! It´s jus amazing , wonderful, and I love this littel bird so well drawn. The flowers are magnifiques too. Great art !
I wish you a very nice afternoon,
Big hugs, Caty