Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 5 February 2019

Romance at Try It On Tuesday

Hi everyone, it's getting to that time of year when the shops are full of hearts and flowers but it's not the only reason for us thinking of 'Romance' as our new theme at Try It On Tuesday - Anniversaries happen all the time and what nicer than a 'just because' card or gift!
The Design Team have some beautifully romantic examples please take a look here.

I have made a Valentines card, hubby always gets me one and I must admit that sometimes he doesn't get one back - or if he does it's a hurried one!!!


I thought I would surprise him this time!!
 I used my stamping platform and a sticky note to add AALL and create's  Bipasha flowers, which I painted with Paper artsy fresco paints while still on the platform so that......
 I could restamp once the painting was done.

 Once I had done the flowers I mended the sticky note and stamped the birds (I masked off the 3rd bird and the writing with washi tape)

I stamped the bird onto more card and fussy cut them to make them stand out.
I followed my teamie Cath's example and coloured over the ink with polychromo pencils.
I doodled around the edge of the card and just mounted it straight onto the card.

All I have to do now is keep it hidden from my Valentine!!!

I do hope you can join us at TIOT, even if you are not sending a Valentines card, and you can spare some time for a little romance!

I would like to enter at 
Craft Stamper Take It Make It February challenge
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Add Some Red
Stamping Sensations - All Things Bright and Beautiful

Thanks for looking, Chris

23 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous Valentine, I'm sure hubby will love it! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Beautiful card Chris. I think your husband will be a lucky guy this Valentine's Day. Hugs-Erika

Marjut said...

This is such a beautiful romance card!

Cath Wilson said...

This is such a beautiful card, Chris. It looks vintage while not being and is so expressive. I'm sure your other half will love it!

Cath x

froebelsternchen said...

This is amazing Chris!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

The card you made for your husband is gorgeous! I love it.

Meggymay said...

This is a gorgeous Valentines card, made with love , your OH will love it.
Yvonne xx

Rosie said...

A wonderful card, Chris

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! I love how you used the stamping platform to restamp once you had coloured it, that's an idea I'm going to copy (or steal ...lol) 😉. The design looks so romantic too with the heart, flowers and love birds - perfect! Happy and creative wishes! J 😊 x

Rita said...

That is such a beautiful card. Even your doodling is perfect. :)

Lula said...

This is a stunning creation Chris . I love the way you used the stamps and your doodling!
Lots of love from
Lula

craftytrog said...

It's a gorgeous card for your Hubby Chris! xx

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Chris, it's a great design. Hubby will love this.
Avril xx

Helen said...

what a beautiful card!

Joan said...

Beautiful card Chris think your other half will love it



Joan x

aussie aNNie said...

This is just beautiful.Thanks for having me in your ROMANCE challenge at Try it On Tuesday challenge. It is an honour. x
[aNNie]Guest Designer for Try it on Tuesday Challenges

Words and Pictures said...

The flowers are so pretty (golly, those AALL&Create stamps are everywhere!) and I love the birds perched in the love heart - I guess they'll be love birds, then! I'm sure he'll love it.
Alison x

brenda said...

Such a pretty floral creation Chris, thanks such much for joining in with out 'All things Bright and BEAUtiful' theme at Stamoing Sensations challenge.

B x

Dora said...

Beautiful card! thank you for your tutorial.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

It's a beautiful card, Chris.

Caty said...

WWwoowww Chris !!! What a lovely card !! It´s really GORGEOUS and I´m sure your hubby will love it. The flowers and the birds are amazing !!
Great art !
I wish you a very nice evening, big hugs, Caty

Marlies said...

A beautiful card with a lovely design. Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Senstions. Marlies

Linda said...

This is so pretty .... such a romantic image. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx