Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 23 February 2019

Bright...and beautiful...

...and a lot of fun to make! I love Carabelle Studio stamps - they have some great designers! This time I have used some fun flowers by Azoline!
I also love having time to play - I covered a page with book paper and then added lace, turmeric tea bag and some Grunge paste through a stencil to add more texture! 
Everything had a coat of Fresco paint - Cheesecake - I then added more paint through a stencil and stamped some lettering and text with Versaclair ink.

Azoloine's large stamp was stamped onto some quite sturdy rice paper and partially coloured with Distress markers before cutting off part of the image. I also cut out some random 'flowers' but left them black and white.
The images were added and my attempt to get a decent stamping of the quote failed so I stamped it onto Deli paper and added it over the top of where I had stamped! 

This page was made for Rike's 'The Colour Yellow' theme at Art Journal Journey!

Thanks for looking, Chris  

11 comments:

Eileen Bergen said...

This is beautiful, Chris! I thought of saying "simply beautiful," but then I thought, no. It's beautiful in its complexity. I love it! Eileen xx

Dora said...

Beautiful page. Lovely colours.

Mrs.B said...

A great page with lots lots of interest. Looks like you enjoyed your play time.
Avril xx

froebelsternchen said...

Mixed Media at its best Chris! I am thrilled about all the layers and additions and the stamp is fabulous!!!
Big hugs, happy Sunday and THANK YOU ♥♥♥♥♥ for yet another fabulous "*"Yellow"*" page for AJJ! You rock!!!!

Susi

Rike said...

What a gorgeous mixed media page with this book paper, the lace, turmeric tea bag and some Grunge paste through a stencil - all gives a great texture! The one yellow flower is the eyecatcher!
Thank you for linking your wonderful page to my theme "Yellow" at AJJ!
Happy Sunday! Rike x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I simply adore those funky flowers, Chris. I know how you love flowers and like this latest set. What a fun mixed media journal page and a wonderful entry for Art Journal Journey. It certainly made me smile, because it is SO you!!!

Meggymay said...

Its a wonderful mixed media page Chris. I lobe the textured look of the background as well.
Yvonne xx

Rita said...

Love the abstract flowers. :)

craftytrog said...

It's a beautiful page Chris! I love Azoline's flowers! xxx

Neet said...

Another huge successful journal page by Chris! I like Carabelle stamps too and can see how much you like them by this page. A great page
Hugs, Neet xx

Cath Wilson said...

I, too love Carabelle and this is a wonderful spread - beautiful with lots of texture and interest. Love it.
Cath x