Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 23 January 2019

Going round in circles!!

I have been making a real effort to catch up on making blog comments but I am also trying to make more pages for Art Journal Journey where Alison's 'Geometric shapes' has me thinking about the shapes I use!
Most of the shapes you see here are circles but there are also rectangles,part of a square and some ovals.
The page started with a card from one of my favourite haberdasheries in Paris, I added the AALL and create scissors which had been stamped on to Deli paper! There were lots of other scraps lying around that I used too and I added some denim coloured paint around the top edge.

If you can access Instagram you will see that this also part of Tiffany Goff Smiths (Southerngals)Use It Up, Fill It Up challenge!
I am enjoying making these collages in either an A5 sketch book or my junk journal - although I did divert into my smallest journal to make this one

Thanks for looking, Chris

14 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

I love the B/W collage - this just looks so elegant dear Chris! A beautiful collage and the litlle birdie collage in the mini journal is just beautiful as well! You are such a pro with all this little scraps! AWESOME!
Thank you for yet another fabulous entry linked to Alison's Geometric Shapes theme! Much appreciated!
Happy evening my friend!
hugs, Susi

Little Artbee said...

Hello Chris, that is a wonderful collage with all the nice black and white motifs on it. So well composed. I like that much. The tiny page with the sweet bird looks also very nice.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Meggymay said...

Two super pages Chris, I love the monotone colouring you used on the first one the images really stand out.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Circles are my favorite shape so I really enjoyed all of them on your page! This scissor stamped image is fabulous. And nice collaged images too. Looks like you are having fun! Hugs--Erika

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous collage pages Chris, both are put together beautifully xxx

Helen said...

great projects!

craftytrog said...

Two gorgeous pages Chris! Thanks for linking up to my theme at AJJ.
Hope you're having a good week,
Alison xox

kathyinozarks said...

Love these

Rita said...

Oh, these are beautiful! :)

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm surprised at how much more I see in these art works now that I'm trying to make a few of my own :) I like the idea of a mini journal. I hadn't thought about using one of those small blank books for things like this. I do like that little collage :)

Words and Pictures said...

I love the simplicity of the black and white images - the lines and shapes and shading all tickle the eye differently, and those delicate denim shadows creeping in from the edge are really dramatic. The tiny bird page is just adorable - the warm rosy tones are really heartwarming.
Alison x

R's Rue said...

Love.

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful journal pages! The black and white page looks wonderful, especially the little bird in the hat which made me smile, so adorable ...lol 😉. Your use it up page is so pretty too, the colours and composition remind me of springtime! It's been cold and frosty here (no snow) but we have had some sunshine too which made for some nice walks as long as we wrapped up warm. Stay warm and wishing you a Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊 x

Neet said...

Although my eye was instantly drawn to the scissor I assume that this is because of the depth of the black on the page but I am drawn to the picture top left which you say is from your favourite shop in Paris. There is something very evocative about it. The other pictures all add up to a well balanced and extremely pleasing page - love it Chris.
Hugs, Neet xx