Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 21 January 2019

Taking Shape!

We have been having some time at our caravan and as the weather not been so brilliant have kept our outings short! In fact, so short that the only photos I have taken have been of our view here!
We have enjoyed seeing the wildlife though, a pair of kestrels at quite close quarters, swans flying over and a flock of very noisy geese flying around and then landing in one of the fields!
I have also started a jigsaw puzzle, I haven't done one for YEARS but I am really enjoying it, even though it is quite a difficult one! Hubby started to help but I think he will wait until it's nearly done before he joins in again!!! 

Here is a journal page I made especially for Alison's Geometric Shapes theme at Art Journal Journey!

I started with a background using my favourite background stamp by Crafty Individuals. The triangles were cut from a strip of some paint play I had a while ago, and I added a Paper Artsy JOFY flower, a torn off piece of infusion spatters under paper. The bird was from a piece of Alex Clark wrapping paper and the rectangle of bluebells are a CI image. There are also a few random scraps there too!I used distress crayon to give some shadow.

I'll be back soon....and I am still trying to make comments although blogger is coming up with error messages all over the place!!!

Thanks for looking, Chris


13 comments:

chrissie said...

A great page Chris with beautiful colours and images.

I imagine it is cold at your caravan but I bet it is also very cosie

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx

froebelsternchen said...

This is so beautiful Chris!
Wonderful for Alison's theme!
Happy start of the week!
Thank you for joining and supporting AJJ again and good luck with blogger! Fingers crossed!

Susi

catherine said...

Your page looks fabulous Chris !

Divers and Sundry said...

I love your something happy page, with that delightful bird :) I haven't had any trouble with Blogger in quite a while. Ooops! Now that I've said it I'll start having problems... I hope your difficulty clears up.

Brenda Brown said...

A lovely journal page Chris and sounds like you’ve been keeping snug and warm with your puzzle and keeping your outings short. Enjoy your week xxx

Helen said...

I love this page! good luck with your jigsaw, I love doing them but don't have space any more...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really like the treatment of the edge of your journal page. It was very clever and a perfect example of Alison's theme at Art Journal Journey.

I am sorry to read that you are having trouble with Blogger. Wish I could help and possibly explain how to fix it, but I know nothing about how to help.

The last puzzle I tried to put together was so hard (it wasn't cut like normal puzzles, but had weird shapes and many that had no notches), I finally gave up and used it in my art. Good luck with yours, dear friend.

My name is Erika. said...

You created such cool shapes with that cut border Chris. I like all the images too. The little statue/angel head and shoulders at the bottom is a really cool piece. Hope you get your commenting straightened out. Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

A beautiful page Chris, I love this colour combination.
Yvonne xx

Krisha said...

Great page Chris!
Had to laugh at your puzzle comment. I downloaded an app on my phone that is nothing but jigsaw puzzles. I think I have put about 20 -121 piece ones together in the past month. If I go more than 121 pieces I can barely see them, even when making the picture larger...LOL!
Have a great week!

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous page Chris! I love the triangles edging and that cute birdie!
Happy Tuesday,
Alison xox

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! The colours and images are gorgeous and I love that little bird - perfect 😁. I hope you had a great weekend and wishing you a happy new week! J 😊 x

Words and Pictures said...

Such lovely soft purples, and I really like that look of distressed wallpaper with the Baroque stamping in the background. The bird is adorable! Enjoy the jigsawing... Cestina's been at it over Christmas almost non-stop!
Alison x