Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 17 March 2018

Gelli print catch up!

Hi everyone! I have really been enjoying Brigit Koopsen's 31 Day Gelli Print challenge - it is an Instagram only challenge but I have shown the previous 10 here and here.

Day 11 was Paper tube so I used an old thread holder and some toilet roll tubes,  one squeezed, another one inside the other.


Day 12 - heart
I used one of the prints I had made that I wasn't so happy with and punched out some hearts. I doodled onto them and made a card.

Day 13
Pigment Inks
I wasn't so sure about using Distress Inks but I was quite pleased with the results

Day 14 Tissue paper - my favourite so far....

...I used some of the tissue papers I made to layer up into some pieces to use in my journals and an ATC. I am looking forward to having time to make lots more of these!

Day 15 Lines
 I used various methods to make these lines - corrugated card. wallpaper, stencils, some old mesh, drawing with a 'credit card'

Day 16 Feather
I had to die cut some feathers as my real ones are in such safe place that I can't find them!
 This was after using the gelli plate...
 I was happier once I had stamped on them too 
I use a feather stamp for these.

Birgit Koopsen has some excellent videos on the Gelli Arts blog and I really am learning so much!

A quick update on our car - they couldn't find the fault on it and want it back....next Thursday!!!!

Thanks for looking, Chrisx



14 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Gorgeous gelli print pieces Chris. I've learned a lot from stopping by your blog about gelli printing. Glad you're sharing. And hope you're having a lot of gelli fun this weekend. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These are magical. Each technique is so different and shows how much thought went into each piece. Love these.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I've been enjoying seeing everyone's creations Birgits Challenge has really brought everyone's pattern play out, very uplifting and great to see that nothing really goes to waste as they can be recycled or printed/stamped over again and again. Fabulous makes Chris, thank you for sharing & fingers crossed with the car.
Happy Sunday hugs Tracey x

Helen said...

what great prints!

Rita said...

Hello Chris. Your post came just at the right time for me as I have my Gelli plate out to have a play today. Fabulous prints from you today Chris and you have given me so much inspiration too. Hugs Rita xxxx

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Great prints, Chris. The gelli plate I made has been sitting behind my work table gathering dust. I only used it once. This helps me see the possibilities. I love those die cut feathers and the hearts card!

froebelsternchen said...

Gorgeous gelli print pieces dear Chris. You are such a creative person! Superb!
Sorry to hear that the car problems are not fied yet! Good luck for that!
oxo Susi

Juliz Design Post said...

Looks like you have had a lot of fun playing with your Gelli Plate Chris and my favourite has to be those beautiful feathers, love them.
Julie x

Rita said...

Oh my! Looks like a lot of fun!! :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful gelli prints, and love the heart card and the feathers. Have a good start in the new week, hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Fabulous gelli plate papers, you will have quite a store of thees beauties to use. The feathers looked awesome.
Hope its better news about the card next time it goes back to the garage.
Yvonne xx

chrissie said...

Fantastic work on all of these

Love Chrissie xx

craftytrog said...

This is such a fun challenge isn't it Chris?! I love all your prints, and the heart card.
Alison xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Amazing Gelli print papers and I'm loving the feathers that you created - beautiful 😁. I hope you had a great weekend and many apologies for not being around, I've had flu the past week. Although I can't really complain as I'm feeling much better than I was - just have a nasty cough left which doesn't seem to like the cold weather we've been having...lol 😉. Take care! J 😊 x