Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 20 March 2018

T Stands For...Treats!!

Hi everyone!
It was my 70th Birthday last December and I had a lovely surprise meal with my hubby, boys, partners and grandchildren! You may also remember the Winter Garden trip the weekend before too!
I was presented with a lovely bouquet of flowers and an envelope with a pair of tickets - last Wednesday we used them! There is still voucher to use for a meal out - don't fret, I will show you when we use it!!! 
The tickets were for one of my favourite musicals...
A few years ago we visited Salzburg and I just had to go and walk around the 'Doh Ray Me" fountain in the Mirabelle Gardens
 The queue was quite short for the bag check!
 A quick photo of the interior of the Palace Theatre which I would describe as fading grandeur!
Just before switching off my phone I got a shot of the fire screen!
We really enjoyed the show, the star in my opinion was Mother Abbesse. Lucy Byrne was also fabulous in the role of Maria!

Afterwards we headed off for a coffee and to spend a 20% off voucher from Paperchase.

By this time we were wondering what to do about our evening meal - we weren't ready to go home so we headed to our favourite World Buffet only to find it closed for the evening!

We wandered around the corner and came to Zizzi's and this is where I will join Bluebeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday!
It was quite busy but we were welcomed by a lovely waitress!
 I love the shape of the water jug and the wall art behind too!
We shared some delicious hot bread with olive oil and Balsamic vinegar.
We both really like the sound of the pasta on the specials board - goats cheese, spinach, courgettes and cherry tomatoes in a creamy garlic sauce and we weren't disappointed
Of course it does require deal of concentration!
Dessert was a shared pistachio cheesecake!
Fortunately the tram stop was just across the square and I took a quick photo before the tram arrived!
Zizzi's lights are so bright you can't read it!

As if this wasn't enough for one week - I attended a fabulous workshop with the fabulous Trish Latimer - if you read Craft Stamper magazine you will know that she has transformed the magazine!

My lovely friend Sarah drove Helen and I up to Carnforth(yes it is where we we have our caravan, and I would have met them there had we had a car!)It was very windy and snowy so a huge Thank You Sarah!

The workshop was organised by Sharon of Rowantree Crafts and there was plenty of workspace in the room she hires from the Fire Station!
We spent a lovely day, very calming and relaxing, were provided with a lovely lunch and had time to spend some money in the nearby Rowantree Craft shop afterwards! 
Sharon and Mark know how to stock a craft shop - with Carabelle Studio, AALL and Create, Paper Artsy, Indigoblu, Ranger as well as much more on the shelves!They also sell gifts too.

This is what I made,although the orange one needs more work!
 Not only did we have a great time but came away with a lovely goody bag from Trish too!
I couldn't resist buying some of Trish's whimsy girl stamps, as well as the free one I chose to work with first(the one on the right!)

I have a sad afternoon ahead - it is Mona's funeral today but I will be visiting later!

Thanks for looking, Chris





22 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

How nice to have a birthday celebration that just keeps going! I love the Sound of Music too, and also visited the sights in Salzburg many years ago:)
I must say your meal looks divine and has now made me hungry since I haven't even eaten breakfast yet...
lucky you to have a class to enjoy that's not so far away. Love your projects and the girl stamps too. Funerals are never easy but a comfort to see friends and family in such difficult times.

Valerie-Jael said...

Well, you certainly packed a lot into your week. Glad you enjoyed the show, and your workshop. Love those stamps. Your food looks great today, those noodles sounded divine. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Wow I don't know where to begin. You have busy doing fabulous things. I love Sound of Music to very much-what a wonderful birthday gift. when I was young perhaps high school age my parents to us all to Chicago to the theater to see this musical-very special
The food looks so delicious, especially the sauce for the pasta I would have enjoyed that (but over gluten free noodles haha) and my hubs would have had so enjoyed your dessert sounds wonderful.
your craft outing sounds so fun too I really enjoyed your post Happy T Day Kathy

Meggymay said...

It must have been super seeing the show, I loved the film and still enjoy the music. The meal afterwards looked delicious, and its a lovely way to end a trip out with a tasty meal.
The workshop sounds fun and the stamps do look so cute.
Happy T day wishes Chris.
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

Oh this show must have been wonderful and Salzburg is such a beautiful place - I visited more times and always loved this beautiful city! You are so right! Your Pasta at Zizzi's looks and sounds just divine and I can imagine how super that WS with Trish Latimer was, I adore her style!
I am happy with you - that you have so many super things going on - except of the funeral ! Fingers crossed futhermore for the car!

oxo Susi

CJ Kennedy said...

So much fun to see live theater. I'm not much for musicals, but I do like the Sound of Music. The mural in the restaurant is beautiful. Perfect for the First Day of Spring. I love the can I eat in peace look from hour hubby. The cheesecake looks amazing. Always fun to take workshops and the joy you had comes through in your creations. My deepest sympathy on your loss.

Let's Art Journal said...

What a wonderful birthday treat! I'm so pleased you enjoyed the musical and your meal looks delicious, the pasta was a great menu choice too - yum 😁. The workshop sounds amazing and the art you created looks stunning, I'm glad you had fun and I can't wait to see your new stamps 😉. Sending you peace and comfort this T Day, thinking of you! J 😊 x

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I didn't realize the gift tickets were for a live performance, Chris. How fabulous! We used to go see Broadway shows once or twice a year when we lived in new Jersey ... until the prices went sky high! Then we found some very good community theaters in NJ insted. But we haven't been to a live show for about 25 years. Fond memories.

Glad you had such a wonderful night. The restaurant was quite a nice find. Everything looks scrumptious. "Pasta requires a deal of concentration" is the perfect caption for the photo. You're too funny.

Your Whimsy Girl pages are fabulous!!!!

Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

P.S. Sorry for your loss.

Redanne said...

Lol, I didn't think anyone was as old as me!! Glad you enjoyed your birthday treat and the meal looks lovely too!

I was in two minds about doing the class with Trish but wasn't sure I would like the whimsy girls but having seen your beautiful makes (and Rachel's) I wish I had now - I love what you did!! Hugs, Anne xx

Helen said...

your birthday just keeps on giving! love the sound of your workshop, and who couldn't resist spending some pennies. the cheesecake looks delicious. Hope the funeral wasn't too sad - after all, she lived a long and fulfilling life, it should be celebrated! Hugs xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am having a terrible week. I can’t stop coughing, my internet keeps going offline, and my keyboard works about half the time.



Of course, my day hasn't been half as bad as yours. I hate losing a friend and funerals are so hard to take.

I realize I’m not a very good host, but want to thank you for sharing T with us this Tuesday. I loved the pasta sentiment. Yes, it takes concentration. I love that you are still enjoying your wonderful birthday. Happy Vernal Equinox, too.

Divers and Sundry said...

A wonderful celebration that just keeps on giving :) That restaurant looks delightful! Happy T Tuesday

Lisca said...

Wow! It has been a week of fun things. The Sound of Music sounds great. I love old theatres. We had one in Bath. Were you allowed to sing along?
The workshop sounds great. You have made some beautiful things. No, I had not Heard of her, but now i have. If that is her style, I like it.
The restaurant looks very nice and the pasta meal has my mouth watering. (I am trying to lose weight, so I can only indulge virtually).
I hope the funeral went OK, as far as a funeral can be OK. It's often nice to see people you haven't seen for years as you dwell upon the life of someone you all knew in common so to speak.
Happy T-Day and have a good week too,
Lisca

Joan said...

Wow, you do lead an exciting life ! You're a giddy youngster compared to me Chris but you certainly get the most out of life. Love the sound of your trip to Rowantree Crafts, sounds like the kind of craft shop I would love to visit.

Joan

Kate Yetter said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the show. And the food looks so amazing! I told my hubby I need to stop visiting Tea Day blogs in the evening. All the food and drink makes me want to eat dinner all over again. That pasta really sounded yummy to me.
Your art from the workshop is lovely! I love the backgrounds against those adorable little girls. Hope you share more.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

That sounds like a really fun night out Chris. I love the Sound of Music also. That was a really good gift for sure. Dinner looks delicious, especially the cheesecake. :) And lucky you to take such a fun class. Nice creations you made! happy T day Chris. Hugs-Erika

Pamellia said...

Happy belated birthday Chris!! Wow, the Sound of Music, what a great gift and a fabulous show I bet! We don't have workshops or craft shows here, so I can only imagine how much fun that would be! Your art pieces sure turned out fabulous! I just love all the colours and your whimsical images!

The weather here has been so dull and grey, I would actually call it a complete lack of weather!! No sun, no rain, no snow, just grey, grey and more grey. Good thing I have tons of new crafting supplies to play with. lol. Still haven't brought myself to pick up my camera, but I did take a walk to the lake the other day to check out the gazillion seagulls that were making a ruckus. lol. Well I hope you have a great week my friend, sending hugs :)

Dianne said...

what a wonderful birthday gift and celebration! looks like the evening meal was also a success. you are right, the water pitcher is a work of art! I really love the cards you made in the class you took...so cute. Fabulous "dream" zentangles you added on the orange one...I would have had a hard time resisting that whimsical stamp also! happy T day a bit late!

SewPaperPaint said...

What a wonderful adventure Chris! Sounds completely amazing! And I adore your workshop projects, they are incredible! Hugs, Autumn

Carol said...

What a fantastic birthday gift! THe meal looks great and yes that is a great water pitcher.
The workshop sounds like a lot of fun too .
Happy Late T Day!
Carol

craftytrog said...

I'd love to do a workshop with Trish, how wonderful your projects turned out Chris! And what a lovely birthday treat too!
Happy week to you!
Alison xxx

Sharon Madson said...

A great post! What a fun birthday you had and some great memories of it posted. We both like lemon with water, I see! And both late posting! LOL. I guess I coul almost wish you a happy .t.day for this week! LOL