Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 23 March 2018

Spring is here!

Hi everyone! Our time has been taken up a little lately - we had hoped that after our car had been fixed we would be away to our caravan! Not so......we have been told that the repairs could cost in the region of £1,800...time for a new car we think, as if we have that repair done who knows what will happen next...it is not a young car and as many of you know it has travelled around a bit!!! 
There has been a lot of research going on on the computer!!! 

The good thing is that it does seem to have warmed up a bit(for now!!)and there are buds on the trees outside our windows!

While I have been taking part in the gelli print challenge I have had to clean off my brayer occasionally! Lots of the paint has been on a clean journal page in one of my journals and this is how this page started!
I added some extra layers using my fingers. I added more paint through a stencil then added some random text with Archival Ink.
Next came my favourite part, lots of spattering with different coloured paints.
The JoFY stamps from Paper Artsy set 54 were stamped onto card and then coloured with Prima watercolours and Inktense pencils. I cut them out with a border to add some white to the page and then added more by outlining some of the stencil circles with a white pen.
I used a green Crayola twistable crayon to draw around the image and then framed the page with the same crayon.
Finally some Tim Holtz words were added.

I would like to enter at

Mixed Media Monthly use a stencil and 3 mediums - I have used my stencil plus acrylic paint,watercolours,Inktense pencils, ink, crayon...and a white pen!

Rubber Dance March Challenge - I have used circles.


More Mixed Media Monthly - Anything Goes - optional green

and ...of course 

Rosie's Spring Theme at Art Journal Journey!

We will go and look at some of the cars we have seen via the internet but today we are staying home and catching up so I hope to visit later!

I do so appreciate your visits here, and your lovely comments always lift me, so Thank You all!
Chris

20 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

This page is simply WONDERFUL - you gave so much depth with all your clever techniques, the splattering, outlining, stencilling! You have always the perfect touches to add to your designs! And I can tell you that those stamped images not just are beautiful, but that you colored them so beautiful!!! And to let the white border was genius!
I cross all my fingers for you that the choice of a new car brings a good new travelling partner for the both of you! Choose well! I am sure you will.
We would have decided the same as you I guess. But our relatively new car always costs also much money.. just now we get some new things and a service and I am sure it will not be less than your reparature would have been. Just yesterday I said to hubby : A car is just a cash box!

Thanks a lot for this A*M*A*Z*I*N*G page linked to Art Journal Joureny dear Chris! Happy weekend!
Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, your page is amazing! I love how you created the background with the mop up Gelli print, stencils and paint splatters and your flowers look so beautiful too 😁. The spring colours look so joyous! Sorry to hear about your car and I hope you find a new one soon 😁. Wishing you a Happy Friday and a wonderful weekend too! J 😊 x

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, love all the patterns in the background .Sorry about the car, that's a lot of money for repairs, perhaps a new one is the best solution. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Mrs.B said...

A great page Chris, lots of interest and I love the quirky images.
Sorry to read about the car, but yes, you're right, time for a new one, hope you get one soon.
Avril xx

Linda Kunsman said...

what a fab looking page Chris-love that background!! Sorry to hear about the vehicle woes and a new car is expensive but you want something reliable and it would be a shame to put so much money into a troubled old one and then lose it anyway. Good luck!

Helen said...

Loving your page ! hope you find a new car without too much hassle (and cost!)

Meggymay said...

Its a gorgeous page Chris and I loved reading how you made it, especially the bit about adding paint with the fingers.
It was going to be quite a cost to repair the car, I think we would have been looking for another as you are, if it happened to us.
Have a good weekend.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are the queen of flowers. I believe you would breathe flowers if you could. This is truly lovely and I love how much depth you managed to create, too. So glad you joined us today at Art Journal Journey.

chrissie said...

A wonderful page with terrific colour choices.

Hope all goes well with choosing a new car or not

Love Chrissie xx

Cath Wilson said...

So sorry to hear about your car, Chris - always a big expense and a headache trying to choose the best replacement. Hope you find one soon!

Great spread - love the composition and yes, it's great to be feeling a little warmer up here, isn't it? Spring light has such an amazing quality!

Cath x

My name is Erika. said...

I love this whimsical spring page. It is a lot of fun to look at Chris. :) Sorry to hear about your car. I know what you mean that it starts to cost so much money just to keep it going. I had to do that a year ago, but I am happy with my new car so I am sure you will be too. Good luck with your car hunting. Hugs-Erika

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Beautiful page, Chris! I'm marveling at how you used the very same palette in the foreground and background and they're still clearly separate. I hope that makes sense. There's probably a more technical term for it. I guess the a background is more muted and the foreground is crisp and clear. Beautiful.

Good luck with the car search. Like computers, cars are more trouble than they're worth when they've become unreliable.

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Chris, the background looks wonderful!
Good luck with the car hunting, we ordered a Skoda Fabia Estate today, as Graham's company car is going at the end of the month with his redundancy.
Alison xxx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Gorgeous page Chris, perfect for Spring. Did you enter it over at That’s Crafty too?
Good luck with the car, nothing worse than car trouble
Thank you so much for joining us at the Rubber Dance blog too ;)
Hugs
Donna xx

Karen said...

Nice page, great choice of colors! Thanks for joining us on the Mix Media Monthly team.

Divers and Sundry said...

Buds on the trees! I love those first signs of spring :) and your page is a wonderful preview. Blooms!

My 1991 car is still driveable, but I've already picked its replacement: a Honda Fit. Perfect for me. I hope your search goes as well as mine did :)

Rosie said...

Your page is amazing, dear Chris

Thank you for joining us at ART JOURNAL JOURNEY

Bibi Lindahl said...

Gorgeous page! I love how your background turned out. I must remember to clean my brayers like that :-) Thank you for joining our March challenge at Rubber Dance! ♥ Happy Easter!

ingunnsinekort said...

your page is so beautiful1
Ingunn

Rubber Dance said...

Adorable work! Love the flowers against the background. Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. xx Susanne