Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 12 December 2017

T Stands for…..the surprise!

This is not the post I had intended but I think you will enjoy seeing where I was taken on Sunday as an early birthday present - as from today I can no longer say I am in my 60's!
I had an inkling that something was going on, as my eldest son had let slip on the phone that he would see me on Sunday and then seemed to being shushed! When I told hubby he said it was probably that my daughter in law had other plans so that was that!
We went to church, got the papers, had lunch and I was preparing to go to my craft room when hubby gave me a two hour warning that we were going out later…and that I couldn't know where we were going and that he may have to blindfold me!
He didn't need to as I had no idea, assumed we were headed for my son's house until we turned off and headed in the direction of Dunham Massey! You may remember several visits we have had here, but I still didn't realise until I saw cars turning off in front of us that there was any reason to go there in the dark!
I soon found out why….



There were lots of food and drink stalls in the courtyard and all around the gardens too - including huge marshmallows to be melted over a fire pit!
People were queuing to get into the Winter garden and when I turned to take a photo of the house my family were all standing behind me! (yes I did get a bit teary!)

So off we all went into through the gate…from here I will let the pictures do the talking!(Mostly!)


Best of all, it had snowed, just enough to cover the ground and make everything twinkle that bit more!!







There was a water fountain laser show too!


Hubby decided he would be too tall for the photograph that my DIL took so bent down behind me!
Then it was off for a warm drink…
It is here I will join Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday!
Hubby had a hot chocolate and I had an Americano and we shared my choice of Coffee cake.
It really was the best surprise ever - hubby was quite relieved that he could stop hiding things now!

Happy T day, I hope to get to visit at some time !!
Thanks for looking, Chris

23 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh what a delightful ,beautiful way to be surprised and celebrate a very special birthday Chris!! Gorgeous place to celebrate with family and a really lovely cake and coffee treat. My hubby surprised me once a few years ago and said it was SO hard that he'll never do it again:):) Happy, happy birthday to you, and a happy T day too!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a magical experience Chris.. **Happy Birthday** I can not think of any better way to celebrate, you must be so proud to have such a warm and caring family. Wishing you the best of days and Thank you for sharing with us all, I feel I was right there with you..
Warm Hugs & Wishes Tracey xx

jinxxxygirl said...

Gosh i'm not fond of surprises but what a wonderful surprise this was Chris! So beautiful and so lovely that your family knew what you would like... Thats beautiful in itself... Thank you so much for sharing the lovely pictures you managed to snap in the dark! Happy Tday! Hugs! deb

Valerie-Jael said...

What a magical surprise you got for your birthday, just wonderful. The photos are fabulous. Your nibbles look great, too. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

Happy Happy Birthday! what a fabulous surprise and a beautiful place to visit - what a treat!

Rike said...

Gorgeous place to celebrate with family your very special birthday! What an amazing place I have never seen before such beautiful lights! Great surprise for you!
Happy T Day!
Rike x

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my, what a wonderful birthday suprise, I got a bit teary reading about it ...lol 😉. It must have been wonderful turning round to see your family and what fun you must have had exploring and seeing all those magical scenes! Thanks for sharing your celebrations, it looks so stunning with all those beautiful lights, lasers and fireworks 😁. Have a lovely T Day and wishing you a very Happy Birthday Chris! J 😊

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Happy, happy birthday, dear Chris. What a fabulous surprise for you and a weight off T's mind, too. I'm so glad he was able to surprise you because this was really a fabulous surprise, I'm sure.

I really enjoyed the lights, the light show, and the photos you took at the Winter Garden. They were stunning and I'm sure a bit hard to capture in the dark. Did everyone dress in black so you would stand out in your red coat (grin)?

Wow, you really had a big day, and topped off with hot chocolate and an Americano. That cake looks good, too. Thanks for sharing your birthday surprise with us for T this Tuesday AND sharing your birthday with us, too.

Anonymous said...

That is one AMAZING birthday surprise. Your family is very generous and smart to think of that.:) What a beautiful light display. That is a celebration in itself. I hope you have a wonderful birthday Chris and it certainly seems like you will the way it started off. Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

Redanne said...

First of all, happy birthday!!! I cannot think of a more wonderful way to be surprised and how very thoughtful of your family! The lights look amazing and you really did capture some wonderful colours in the dark! Loving your red coat too!! Hugs, Anne xx

Words and Pictures said...

Oh my goodness - what a marvellous birthday surprise - your family did you proud, as did Dunham Massey - amazing light displays. Many, many happy returns of the day - hope you're doing something lovely today too.
Alison xx

kathyinozarks said...

Oh my this was an amazing birthday surprise!! so perfect Happy Birthday to you. I loved all the photos-what a magical place. Made me smile-what a specail day for all of you hugs Kathy
Happy T Day thanks for sharing

Meggymay said...

This was a fantastic post. The surprise from your family will have made it a very special day for you all. The photos are all beautiful.
I hope you are having a lovely day Chris, Happy Birthday wishes as well as T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

This is the most thoughtful thing I've seen in ages. What a beautiful surprise! Thx for sharing the photos. You did a great job of getting shots that let me feel like I was there with you. Happy Birthday!

Rita said...

What a simply wonderful surprise!! Happy birthday, Chris!! :)

JoZart Designs said...

How simply wonderful for you to have such a beautiful magical surprise for your special birthday, Chris. One you will always remember. Happy Birthday and Many,Many, Happy Returns. Good health and continuing happiness to you. Lots of love Jo x

Kate Yetter said...

What a wonderful surprise from your hubby and family! Such a gorgeous place with all the lights and snow. Magical! Thank you for sharing these pictures.
Happy Tea Day and Happy Birthday,
Kate

CJ Kennedy said...

Happy Birthday! Your hubby gets high marks for planning this surprise. Such a beautiful place all lit up and decorated for Christmas. The colors are amazing and I loved the deer. How nice to have a family portrait. It would make a great Christmas card. Sounds like a perfect day ending with cake. Happy T Day!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

What an awesome birthday surprise, Chris. I got teary too when you told about turning round and seeing all your family. The photos are beautiful. Thank you for sharing them.

Happy T-day! hugs, Eileen

Krisha said...

How delightful and a festive way to spend your birthday! I enjoyed the photos very much. Happy Birthday
and Happy T-day

Neet said...

What a lovely birthday present you had. Congratulations on your special birthday too.
Dunham Massey is wonderful in the daylight but that must have been quite magical.
Lots of Love
Neet xx

Carol said...

Oh what a great surprise and you all look so happy in the photo!!! Happy Birthday My Friend and thanks for sharing all of those magical photos of your winter wonderland tour ♥♥♥

johanna said...

happy happy birthday, dear Chris ♥♥♥
what a perfect surprise to celebrate your b-day in this Magic wonderland Environments!!
wishing you good health and ongoing energy to make all those trips you enjoy us with:)
xox, johanna