Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 9 December 2017

Just Christmas cards

Hi everyone!
Things are getting slightly hectic in these parts! 
This week we have had to fit in a couple of social events, a trip to the gym and an appointment as well as the more mundane part of our lives, and yesterday we were out for the whole day! 
In between all this I have been making cards - some of which have also been part of my mission to use up some old papers, as well as use some new stamps!
I used a set of cute magazine freebie stamps and some Tim Holtz greenery.
 This is one that prompted hubby to ask the question "What has a wolf howling at a star got to do with Christmas?" Well there isn't really an answer to that, except that I quite like the combination - so much so that I am entering it in the  challenge at
Thats Crafty - Tis the Season
Country View Craft Challenges - Christmas 

The next two use the same set along with some freebie sentiments    



This one is using a new Woodware stamp that I  got a a discount

  I'm off to write some cards now - they should be in the post tomorrow!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Thanks for looking, Chris

18 comments:

Dortesjs said...

Ohh very sweet and lovely cards ;O)) greetings from Denmark -Dorte

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous cards. I like your husband's question. Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Wonderful Christmas cards! I adore the little bunny rabbits in their blue scarves admiring the Christmas tree and the winter scene surrounded by holly is so beautiful 😁. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! J 😊

Rita said...

Beautiful Christmas cards Chris. Hugs Rita xxx

Meggymay said...

Its a wonderful selection of cards Chris, the animal stamps are really cute.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Great cards Chris. You did well using up some paper and showing off somes stamps including those magazine freebies. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Even though I love all your cards, I simply don't understand how you come up with so many wonderful and unique cards. I find ONE design and stick with it. I applaud your use of so many of these. I'm also pleased to read you are using things you have on hand. Saves money, too. Great job and great cards.

Helen said...

what cute Christmas cards!

Words and Pictures said...

Looks like you're going great guns on the cards, Chris - so great to use up leftovers and spares as you go too. Hope you get to relax a bit once all the life admin is done.
Alison x

Divers and Sundry said...

I like your designs :) What a treat it'll be for the people who receive them.

sheila 77 said...

Each of these cards has a great design. Getting a hand-made card is the best.
I tried to choose a favourite (difficult) but I think it will be the sweet bunnies in their scarves, followed by the wolf.

Rita said...

I never questioned why the wolf was howling at the star. Wolves howling in the night reminds me of cold winter nights and seems to fit right in. Not sure why, either. Cute cards! :)

froebelsternchen said...

I would take them all - so beautiful - I think the sweet bunnies are my favourites!
Happy start of the new week Chris!
oxo Susi

kathyinozarks said...

i Love all of your cards-they are wonderful! great job!!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your doing a smashing job with your cards Chris, it's great to see more than one within your post. Must get mine finalised and written today. Thank you for sharing in the *Tis the Season* That's Crafty Blog Challenge. Best Wishes Tracey DT

sarascloset said...

This is one of my favorite times of the year to blog visit! It makes me feel as if my mailbox is loaded with Christmas cards (which it is NOT!) Chris, all of your cards are fabulous, and I adore each for different reasons. Since I am a bunny lover, I have to say that's my fav, though! You are doing a wonderful job of getting those cards done! Hugs!

Sue said...

Ah men, they're all the same Chris lol. Your cards are wonderful, they all make me smile, and I love your howling wolf! Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a very happy Christmas. Sue xx

Evelyn Walter said...

These cards are so lovely! Very pretty images.
Thank you for joining in with our challenge this month at Country View Challenges and have a Merry Christmas!
xx Evelyn