Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 14 December 2017

All Done!

I have just stuck the last stamps on cards that need posting - a good reason to celebrate in my books! 
I am usually dashing around trying to get them to the post before the last date - this year I have been posting as they were ready and actually have a list created to record the posting!
I have a page for Sheila's theme of Let's Celebrate at Art Journal Journey.


I found an old Christmas card with a post box on it and stamped some 'cards', using an old Kirsty Wiseman stamp, it is still one I love using! I partially cut the holly so it would fit in the space.I prepared the page by using Distress Oxides - Worn Lipstick and Black Soot.
I am still attempting to produce some decent lettering - not too unhappy with this! The whole page was then spattered with Brushed Corduroy DI, watered down.

I will be scheduling some posts to show you some of my cards.

Thanks for looking, Chris 

12 comments:

Carol said...

Great page and congrats on getting the cards done. I'm not doing cards this year ... too much to do with too little energy.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely journal page and congratulations on getting your cards done. Enjoy your day, hugs, Valerie

sheila 77 said...

Oh gosh yes, that is definitely worth celebrating. I have still six cards to send (but only six!).
This is great (love that pink (Worn Lipstick)) and that is so clever using the holly as a "card holder". I love this, it looks so Christmassy.
I'm looking forward to seeing some of your cards.
Thanks a lot for another Celebration with AJJ.

froebelsternchen said...

What a fantastic idea - that is really good reason to be proud and to celebrate !
I live the idea and how you made it - this page looks so elegant!
Your lettering is already wonderful!!! WOW!

Thank you dear Chris for another fab entry linked to Sheila's theme over at Art Journal Journey!
Happy crafting!
oxo Susi

Helen said...

well done, great page to celebrate the finishing of the cards! I didn't take any close ups of my cards.. have a few spares still in case of unexpected arrivals!

Astrid Maclean said...

Saw this on Instagram already, such a fabuos page, love the snowy background with those pops of read! Congrats on getting everything posted! I am feeling peased I have managed to do the same :o)

Meggymay said...

It is a fabulous journal page Chris, the winter scene is lovely.I love the postcard stamp you used.
Your writing looks great.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your latest AJJ entry really intrigued me. I was so impressed to see how you incorporated something recycled into this gorgeous journal entry. Thanks beyond words for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey. BTW, your card IS NOT in the mail and may not arrive because I haven't started it yet!

My name is Erika. said...

This is gorgeous Chris. The colors just pop off the page. Red makes it cheery but I love the plain black and white background images. It is certainly festive. Happy weekend!

Divers and Sundry said...

What a fun way to celebrate the completion of this Christmas task :) We don't send cards any more, though we do respond with a card to folks who send to us. I admire people who send cards at all, and people who send their own creations are a joy! :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Well done for getting all you Christmas cards sent in record time 😁. I love your celebratory page, the post box with the holly leaves looks so pretty against the back and white images and the Distress Oxides remind me of winter skies - beautiful! Wishing you a Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, that's lovely - it has such a cosy feel with the vivid red of the postbox, despite all that snow! Congrats on getting done.
Alison x