Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 2 February 2016

Romance at Try it On Tuesday and a second look at romance!

We are feeling in a romantic mood at Try It On Tuesday with our new theme 'A Fine Romance'. Well, it will be Valentines Day soon, so we hope you will make something for your beloved! It can be anything you wish as long as it fits the theme. Please pop over to our blog to see the fabulous examples the team have made!

I had a little fun with a bargain buy from B and M (for those in the  US it is a store that sells all sorts from food to home items….but cheap!!) 
 It started out like this…
A very poor photo but the only one I have!!!
I pulled off the Home label and painted everything in gesso before painting white.

I used clear texture paste through a diamond stencil.

I then went over everything with white crackle paint with little blue mixed in. I rubbed it over with DecoArt Antiquing cream to emphasise the cracks but ink would have done the job too! 
I then rummaged through one of my 'treasure' boxes and found the lock and key and the metal filigree circle - both had a paint with PA Fresco Snowflake before rubbing off a little for the gold edges to show. I used  one of Tim's Mixed Media dies and added a few little blobs of Glossy Accents.
The phrase is from small talk stickers and reminds me of one of my favourite films - Baz Luhrmann's 'Moulin Rouge' - except that this song makes me blub like a baby!  
The other side had a little bump where I had removed the label, so I painted a flower that I think came from a pound shop,stamped some text over the top and added some stickles. I filled the centre with silicone glue, sprinkled with Glamour Dust. It covered the bump nicely! A little bit of torn tissue tape and then chit chat stickers for my message. 

I also did some stencilling on the base

As it is the 2nd of the month I am joining Bluebeard and Elizabeth(and Squiggles too!)for
This is from February 10th 2013

Journal cat

I had two trips to the Manchester craft show this week - once when I spent far too much and another when I didn't spend much at all. Both trips were great because I met up with friends and crafting acquaintances too! 
Suffice to say I was quite weary by the time last night came as I had also done a 'big shop' on Friday!
Eager as I was to play with my new goodies I sat and did some doodling while on the settee watching tv!
The background had been painted and inked some time ago and was waiting for me!
This is what I came up with

Well, I drew the little cat and the branches - but didn't really have anything in mind - until this morning - so I had a little heart from Tim's Heartwings die which I bought on Thursday, along with some fresco paints so I used the heart and painted on some green paint. Stamped Lindsay's little cat without her ball of wool, used letters from one of my little boxes and doodled the edge and some little hearts! Last thing to be done were the butterflies from a box of Cavellini stamps.
I hope you like it! 
I am hoping to enter it in Hel's Sunday Stamper challenge.  
Thanks for looking, Chris

I will not be around until tomorrow, and even then not sure how I will feel, but I will try to visit as soon as I can!

Thanks for looking, Chris

25 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Both pieces are gorgeous, and very fitting for romance. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

Amaxing project. Looks fabulous. This light blue colour is lovely.
Your cat is cute and the card fine.

Wishing luck and a happy day, hugs xx

chrissie said...

My you have been busy and all wonderful ideas. you have to love B and M they have so many things to alter lol Wish we had one here.

Love Chrissie xx

My name is Erika. said...

Love your heart- you definitely improved it a lot. And fun second look- cute cute kitty. :)

Lynda Shoup said...

What a lovely transformation!

Margik said...

Your heart is wonderful, Chris, the colours is so lovely and the details are very beautiful. Love the adorable cat page!
Have a lovely day! Mar xx

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous make over Chris, your heart looks beautiful, love the blue shades.
Yvonne xx
Hope today went well for you. xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

By now you are already in the hospital and probably already had your surgery, so I'll just say how I hope everything went well. I'm hoping Tony will let us know if there are any complications.

Your heart is gorgeous, and you made it look so much better than the original. I even love the colors because I get a little tired of red and pink which reminds me of Christmas, I think.

Bleubeard and Squiggles both give your second look two paws up each. So you get four paws up for this cat. I always enjoy these posts, because your art is still quite new to me.

Thanks for sharing your lovely art and your Second on the 2nd with us. What a great look back. Now, hurry back!!!

Bee and Dee said...

A brilliant transformation, it's super hugs Bee

zandra said...

Love how you repurpose the heart. Came out so pretty.
Hugz, Z

Lula said...

Gorgeous pieces Chris! Love altering things too. Hugs!

froebelsternchen said...

Your heart is enchanting! Wonderful alteration and the kitty on that page is so lovely!
Happy TIOT and happy Second Look on the Second!
Wishing luck for you ♥♥♥♥♥
oxo Susi

Words and Pictures said...

That's a lovely bit of upcycling on the heart - a great improvement, if you ask me! And I really love your little cat, and great branches too - what a productive way to spend your tv-watching time!
Alison xx

Helen said...

hope it all went well today, and you're not in too much discomfort. Love how you've improved your heart!

Mrs.B said...

Love your altered heart Chris, such a transformation, and the back is equally lovely.
Hope everything went well today.
Hugs, Avril xx

Brenda Brown said...

A great altered piece Chris, love the textures you have added and the gorgeous bow of string and ribbon.
hugs Brenda xxx

Darla said...

Re-purposing at its best! I like the lacy piece it is displayed on as well.

Marjut said...

I love this heart :)
Hugs Marjut

Pamellia said...

Love your journal cat Chris, that one made me smile! Beautiful transformation of your heart piece. I love the cool palette with the blues and silver tones. Wonderful crackle effect! Very romantic! hugs :)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Both creations are wonderful :)

famfa said...

Gorgeous makes. So clever and creative. Thanks for your visit earlier xx

Sandy said...

Well I did not learn a thing -- I am not big on Valentines -- Have too many Christmas things to do this year. So now I know why I was not around!
Sandy xx

SewPaperPaint said...

This is an amazing project, so perfect for the theme! I bet it looks great in your home. Big hugs, Autumn

Mac Mable said...

I have really enjoyed reading through your blog. Fabulous projects, such a clever and talented lady. Thank you so much for the inspiration and keep well x

sarascloset said...

Your Valentine is fresh and so unique. What an amazing transformation! Love the crackle and all those textures on the "Come what may" side. My eyes were playing tricks on me when I read about your trips to the craft show! Duh, read the date! I thought how in the world???...

Well this is all I have time for to play catch up right now...don't make anything!!!
Hugs!