Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 11 February 2016

All you need is…...

…..well, in my case patience! I am usually known as a calm, patient individual….but at the moment I want to do more than I can!
One thing I have had time for is looking through my craft books and sorting through and throwing out craft magazines. I have also been preparing pages in my journal!

I had an outing yesterdayha! ha! We went to the supermarket and I walked around with the support of the trolley. We are also lucky that living in a retirement complex with a dining room we went 'out' to lunch on Tuesday! 

My page today was inspired through reading through my Dina Wakley books. 

I have been wanting to make more journal pages for Hazel's fabulous them at Art Journal Journey - 'If music be the food of love', as well as the new theme at Moo Mania and More - 'Hearts'.

The base is an ink spray - Dylusions I think. The hearts are scraps of mop up - overstamped with some script.A little bit more random stamping and some dots stencilled on, outlined and highlighted.
The words - as you must know, are the beginning and end of a Beatles song. We are listening to a Beatles compilation in the car at the moment and you may well see a little bit more Beatles influence soon! 

Now, I realise I gave the wrong impression about my beautiful Amaryllis the other day - it did topple over, and one of the four flowers broke off, but the rest of the plant is alive and well!!
This is where the flower broke off.
 Here it is rescued and is doing quite well away from it's mother
Here is the remaining plant with three flowers still blooming beautifully!

I am hoping to visit a little more soon, off to have my suture clips out today so not sure when…

Your encouraging comments have been cheering me on and I do so appreciate them!

Thanks for looking, Chris


22 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

WOW.. that page is just GORGEOUS! amazing style - Thanks a lot Chris for being with us at Art Journal Journey and Moo Mania & More!
I wish you a fast recovery!♥♥♥
All the best!
oxo
Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fantastic page for AJJ& MM&M, thanks so much for joining us again. Glad you were able to rescue the broken flower and the rest is still thriving. Take care, hugs, Valerie

Little Artbee said...

Wonderful page! I like this dynamic background and the soft turquoise hearts very much.
Dear greetings
Sabine

Rosie said...

A wonderful page.

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Almo said...

Love the three main colors you have used on your page here Chris, that blue, purple and green look really good together. I also like the idea of putting the hearts on their side, and having the blue bubbles coming down from them. I can't get this song out of my head now! glad to see that beautiful Amaryllis did survive after all, Hope you are taking it easy. Mo x

Helen said...

FAB journal page, I love Dina! Glad you are able to get out a bit, but don't do too much too soon, however frustrating it is being still!!

Mrs.B said...

Stunning page Chris, colours are gorgeous.
So glad you were able to 'save' the flower and the plant still looks
gorgeous.
Don't do too much, and take it easy.
Hugs, Avril xx

chrissie said...

Great to hear you are on the mend Chris

The page is amazing.

The amarylises looks happy now. Well done for saving it

Take Care

Love Chrissie xx

Barb said...

A beautiful journal page Chris. Love your colours. I've also been sorting out my magazines. Doesn't it make you feel good! It sounds as if your starting to feel a bit stronger. Take care. Barbxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was delighted to read you are beginning to recover from the surgery, no matter how long and time consuming it may be. I assure you, if I had given my hand and wrist time to heal a bit, I would not be in pain now, even as I type. So, please take it easy and dip your foot back in the fast-paced pool slowly.

I was in awe of that beautiful journal page you created. It has all the elements I love, and the unconventional colors make it even more beautiful.

Thanks for dropping by today. Guess you know who I was thinking of when I created those flowers!

Pawsitively Creative said...

What a gorgeous Spread you have created with these lovely colors. This grungy love would be perfect for our "Grungy Love" theme over at Anything But Cute! Grungaliscious with the black and purple! Awesome sauce!

So happy to see that the flower did survive minus a limb. Yippee! And also happy to hear you were able to get out and about a bit. Hugz! ~Niki

sarascloset said...

Oh, good! I'm so happy the flower survived, AND that you are getting out! Wow! It will do you a world of good to be out of the house! Do not push yourself though and do take good care.

This time I will remember that beautiful journal page...gorgeous and I love those little bubbles and the colors are so bold and yummy! Love! Take care and big hugs!

Anonymous said...

Chris
You have displayed a great deal of patience waiting for your Giveaway prize to arrive but the good news, it is in the mail to you! Huge apologies for the delay.
My amarylis was beautiful with four heads for a day or so and then wilted before my very eyes.
Stunning page. I love the composition and colours.
Lovely you got out and about, even though it was to the supermarket!!!
Wishes
Lynne

Meggymay said...

Your journal page is gorgeous Chris. Good to read that you are feeling like getting out. Take things slowly,
Yvonne xx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous page Chris with beautiful bold colours and lots of interest.
So pleased you are getting out and about, it's a lovely feeling and I am sure you will take careful steps to a full recovery soon.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs Brenda xxx

sirkkis said...

What a lovely page. Your flower is beautiful. I love white flower.
Take care and
Happy Valentine's Day, Chris,
Sirkka xx

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post. Thank you for sharing your art, your feelings.
xoxo
Michelle

Words and Pictures said...

Great page - I can see the Dina influence but you've run with it in your own direction too. Love those mop up hearts and great inky spritz and splatter effects. Glad to know that the amaryllis is living to fight another day, and that you are too... supermarket trips are still trips!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

You are a lovely visitor on my blog and always welcome, my dear! P.

Pamellia said...

Beautiful page Chris, you really channelled your inner Wendy here. Love the colours and your sideways hearts! I'm so glad to hear that the plant wasn't a total loss, so much beauty in one pot!! hugs :)

hazel said...

I love, love, love your page, a great design and the colours are beautiful. Glad your plant is still going strong.
xxx Hazel.

SewPaperPaint said...

This is fabulous, love this cool inkiness and your awesome style!