Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 20 August 2022

By the sea!

Hi everyone, it's lovely sunny but breezy day here - just right for a seaside trip!

Cleethorpes has been in our news lately as being run down and not the place it used to be when I used to go with my parents.
 
The railway station is right by the sea so it was an exciting place to go for a day trip and there is still a pier.


 I remember my Dad telling us that on one occasion my brother and I wanted ice creams before leaving - we got our ice creams but it meant that when we got back to Lincoln, instead of catching a bus all the way home we had to walk part way with my dad taking turns to carry us on his shoulders.

I used watercolours and stencils to create a background and added some watercoloured scraps and some stamped shells from a Crafty Individuals set. The main image is from my Railway poster diary. The two girls paddling is a Crafty individuals magazine freebie and the quote stamps are also Crafty Individuals.The birds are black ink through a Crafty Individuals stencil

I'm loving seeing what you are creating for my theme!

Thanks for looking, Chris 



7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I used to love going to Cleethorpes when I was living in Lincoln. Your page is lovely,and brings back happy memories for me, too. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

A lovely nostalgic page and a very sweet story of your dad carrying you on his shoulders.

craftytrog said...

A lovely seaside page and memory Chris!

My name is Erika. said...

I'm loving the vintage postcard on your page Chris. It is great it came from the place where you used to go to the beach. The blue, the stamped shells and seagulls are lovely. This is a perfect august page for certain. Hope your weekendis going well. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

I really love your page Chris Happy new week
Kathy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How nice to share a memory and a day by the sea with you Chris. I love how you colored the girls and used the stamping and stenciling. Beautifully done and perfect for your theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

Sharon Fritchman said...

What a beautiful memory! Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us. And your beautiful page is perfect for your theme this month. Thank you!!!