Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 17 August 2022

Imaginary Friends (and Day 3)

Hi everyone, the best news here is that we had rain overnight and it's a lot cooler.

I have page for my 'When We Were Young' theme at Art Journal Journey.

I found this image in a magazine a long time ago and it made me think of how real my dolls seemed to me when I was young.

I made a background but then wasn't happy with it so I added a napkin and some cut out flowers from some designer paper and a magazine.I also added some sticker style washi flowers.

I used a really old quote stamp that I bought years ago at Happy Stampers.

If you don't want to see my flower photos you may leave here!

Day three outing.

We had to travel North to feed my GD's tortoise, (we're off again later) so we decided to call in at RHS Bridgewater as it's not far off the motorway.





We headed for the shadier part passing by the Japanese garden





As we walked past a tree overhanging the water we spotted that someone has hung prism balls on the branches.
They were turning around and showing off their colours 


We could see them reflected in the water but my phone camera couldn't.
There was a lovely breeze blowing through this part of the wood



We had to leave the shade








Last time we visited there was no sign of flowers on these hydrangeas
We had a quick drink at the newly opened cafe - you can see it in the distance through the gap here.
We walked back to the car park via the shortest route


I had to take a few photos on the way!!






The insects seemed to like this flower more than the others



Buds and decay all on one stem!


Just before we headed to the exit, this the view from the door of the visitor centre
I spotted something interesting on the path back to our car too.



I do hope you stayed, I love the gardens at RHS Bridgewater and love to show them to you.

Thanks for looking, Chris


9 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

Oh, those flowers! And that looks like a refreshing place for a walk. I know I'd enjoy it in person since I enjoyed the virtual experience so much :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journal page and wonderful photos. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

the garden is really getting established for such a new garden, and I really enjoyed the tour! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Cloudia said...

Glad you are cooler with a delightful breeze

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love your journal page, Chris. Your background turned out great. I love the various layers you created. That was a nice focal image, too, I can see why you hung on to it. Thanks for this inspiring page you created using your theme. BNTW, I have a friend who loaned me that sentiment stamp years ago, I may even still have a stamped image.

Beautiful flowers and lovely cool looking photos in the trees. Really lovely floral combinations and I love the raised beds.

Sharon Fritchman said...

I absolutely LOVE seeing all of your beautiful photos! I'm happy you had rain - we need it desperately here. And thank you for sharing your gorgeous art journal page. It's awesome the way you depicted the girl with her doll!! - Ahh, what a perfect childhood memory.

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Chris, and great photos! Glad you've had some rain. We had some on Tuesday, hoping for some more soon.
Hope you have a lovely weekend,
Alison

Neet said...

A lovely photo which reminded me of Patsy. She was my favourite doll, a baby who had a bottle and a nappy that she actually wet. I was over the moon with her.
A proper little mum.
Love the page, the way you have made your background - you have a knack for this kind of thing.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps great theme

Cloudia said...

So much beauty