Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 9 August 2022

T stands for the animals on our walk.

 Hi everyone, we managed to get out to a park last week - we had been there a couple of times before but took a different path this time.

The park is Didsbury Park, not far away from one of our favourite bakeries - La Chouquette where we had called to buy croissants (and bought more than that!)

We walked in to the usual gate and just a short way along was another path out of the park. We went to investigate where it led.


There is an information board with a brief history.
Here is the new bridge with its's fabulous murals. 





We met a lady who told us that there haven't been many poppies this year but usually it is like a sea of red by the path!

No explanation for these but they do look Japanese so maybe the garden has been neglected around them.
A spy hole to watch trams through - I just missed one!
Back in the park
We followed the path that led by the children's play area.
In a little gap in the hedge was this....

Hmmph! At least hubby got a laugh out of my reaction! We moved on....
...the next few were much better






In some of the gaps there were little paths for children to follow.

We have still to visit this cafe - the only seats were in full sun and we were quite hot enough!
The children play area looks interesting!
Another animal...
...and more here..

The gardens aren't so extensive but still enough blooming to make me happy!









One of my favourite areas - the wild flower patch
Almost back to the gate..
I think I have shown you this in a previous post.

It was an easy walk on the flat, so perfect for a warm day!
My 'T Stands for Tuesday' photo is an older one. I keep forgetting to take new ones! 
This was from our Yorkshire trip. On a visit to Mount Grace Priory we visited the cafe in the woods. I know my piece of rhubarb and oat slice looks big but it is a third of hubby's cake!
We both needed something refreshing - I had carton of juice and hubby had Ginger Beer.
I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth at The Altered Book Lover blog for a weekly look at drink related posts.

Finally, while in the park we passed this sign...
Sadly we see lots of these black bags around - surely if you pick up your dogs poo you should place it in a bin(or take it home) - there were plenty around this park and they also provide bags!

Thanks for looking, Chris





6 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Oh Wow Chris I loved this post-the murals are too awesome. and I really loved the park very much too with all the sculptures-thanks so much for sharing hugs Happy T Kathy

Kate Yetter said...

Poppys are SO pretty. So sad that they weren't out but at least they look pretty on the mural. Such a beautiful place to walk. I really like the variety of statues.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, that poppy path is amazing and such a lovely way to remember! Those sculptures and wood carvings are amazing too, it's looks a fun place to visit 😊. Wishing you a Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Didsbury Park is lovely. I enjoyed reading about the Poppy Path. I enlarged the sign to read it better. The poppy murals were fabulous.


I had to laugh at your reaction to that frog. I know how much you LOVE them (NOT)!!!

All the animals were great, but I was most impressed with the hedgehog, an animal we don't see here.

The gardens are really lovely, but the animals steal the show. LOVED the Dog Poo Fairy. Clever way to get people to pick up their messes, but apparently the bags aren't going into the bins.

Nice cake. I want to try ginger beer sometime. I know Jo has shared it before, too.

Thanks for sharing your walk in the park, the carved animals, the gardens, your cake, ginger beer, and juice with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris.

My name is Erika. said...

That poppy mural was gorgeous. Too bad there weren't a lot of poppies in bloom. But those animal statues are the best. They are nicely carved and fun too. I always forget to take drink photos too. I hope you had a great T day. hugs-Erika

Lisca said...

I love the idea of the Poppy Path. I managed to read what was on the sign. Though the Japanese garden seems to have been a bit neglected.
Thanks for taking me round Didsbury Park. I enjoyed it. I must say the dog poo fairy made me smile. It's such a shame that some people just leave their rubbish there.
The Buddy and Lucy sculpture is amazing.
Happy belated T-Day,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca