Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 27 October 2019

Kew Gardens..part 1

 We both so enjoyed our trip to Kew gardens! Between us hubby and I took around 900 photos - it's taken a while to get them all rotated! Some were obviously of the same things and I will try to show you some from both of us - hubby had his camera while I only had my phone camera so he got some really good close ups.

We had a reasonable over night stay in a budget hotel and enjoyed a walk by the river in the evening as sun was setting with Kew gardens just across the river.
 The hotel was beside a converted church - now apartments
 We think these may be having an overnight stay nearby
 Hubby got a better shot - from now if the photo has a T under it it is one of hubby's
T
The sounds from this tree were incredible as it not only had Cormorants in it but a lot of screeching Parakeets
T
The next morning we set of across Kew Bridge - about a 25 minute walk from the hotel.
 T
 T
 T
T
 We were heading for..






 Little deserts behind glass.


 This needs some eyes!!!





Love this delicate flower!
 I will stop here as we were now off for another walk!

I'll be back with part 2 soon!
Thanks for looking, Chris

10 comments:

Helen said...

That was good timing on my part - just saw the post. You both got some great pics. you didn't see any of the water dragons then. So glad you had good weather (although it was great yesterday even when it started to rain)

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous photos. Haven't been to Kew Gardens for the past 20 years. Glad you had a good time. Hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Wow you two find the neatest places to visit and walk to.Loved all the photos. I used to visit conservatories back when I was a child as we had one nearby. that must have been interesting listening to all those birds in the tree.
looking forward to part 2 hugs Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

I am really glad you will be back with part 2 soon Chris. On my next trip to London (coming in the not too far future) I am going to Kew. It was on my list but now it is definitely on my list. These are gorgeous Chris. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

That church conversion would be a fun place to see. What a fascinating idea!

Eyes are exactly what are needed lol I enjoyed the conservatory tour :)

Rita said...

I am imagining what cool apartments would be in that beautiful church!

The conservatory is just amazing! What a trip! :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never seem so many of these cacti, possibly because Helen doesn't spend a lot of time there. Like I told Helen, I have a friend who has a bottle brush in her front yard in California. It would NEVER survive the harsh winters here.

I love that you showed the Alpine House. It is possibly my favorite place architecturally at Kew.

I SO look forward to seeing more and more of your visit. It is SO different from what Helen shows and I'm LOVING that.

froebelsternchen said...

WONDERFUL Chris! Thank you!
Happy new week!
Susi xxx

Let's Art Journal said...

I enjoyed visiting Kew with you! There is so much to see and the hot houses look amazing 😁. Wishing you a happy new week! Hugs, Jo x

Words and Pictures said...

Okay, question answered... 900!?! Looks like you had glorious weather for it - pretty lucky, given what it's been like down here lately. Fascinating cacti - aren't they bizarre plants? And the lily pads are amazing. Looking forward to part 2.
Alison x