Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 7 September 2019

When???

I've been away from the computer for a few days again - nothing untoward, just a couple of appointments and then leading on to eating out with hubby! On both occasions we could have come straight home but one thing leads to another and there's still h@*$&<%£k to be done!!

I have found time for some crafting(getting my priorities right!) - I am taking part in Brigit Koopsen's new gelli print challenge - she is showing techniques on instagram and once again there is so much to learn about the gelli plate!
Yesterday's was all about making tape using the gelli plate - I used some that I made to make a journal page for Erika's Polka dots,Stripes, Plaids or Patterns theme at Art Journal journey!

 I started off with a drippy watercolour page and then cleaned off my brayer to make some stripes.
 More stripes were made by adding the tape and some stripy stamping.
I also added some gold paint that was left on my mat by dabbing it on with a paper towel.
I looked for a bird in my scraps and also found a little leafy branch. They seem to go quite well with my little paper doll and the stamped sentiment.

I also remembered to make a tag for Tag Tuesday...
..where the theme is Purple.
I used the same drippy colours and then stamped a daisy from AALL and create (by Tracy Evans) and a Crafty Individuals daisy and text. It looked a bit bare so I added the circles punched from a piece of paper on my desk.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible!!

Thanks for looking, Chris

13 comments:

Cat Stegall said...

Love this look, great journal.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is adorable, Chris. I really like the layers and layers and layers you provided for the background. Your bird, the "branch," and your paper doll all add up to a fabulous entry and is perfect for Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey.


I tried to find Birgit Koopsen's new challenge, but I'm not on Instagram, so found the 31 products, but nothing else. I was hoping maybe I might get interested in using my gelli if I watched a few of her tutorials or took the challenge. You might provide the link the next time you think of it or post something using her challenge. Thanks, dear friend.

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks like you've been having a fun playtime - beautiful tag and journal page. I was planning on playing with paints yesterday, then a friend rang up and said she was cooking something good, and invited me over - so I ate loads and came home late and got nothing else done! But it was good. Thanks so much for making a tag for Tag Tuesday, much appreciated, and have fun with gelli printing. Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
froebelsternchen said...

What a gorgeous background and you gave it the perfect finish with the elements and quote! A wonderful entry for Erika's PSPP topic! Thank you so much for such a wonderful page even though you are so busy right now. Life comes so often in the way , I really have to steal my PC and Art Journal time right now..but hope it will get much better in autumn. Happy Sunday dear Chris!
Your purpe tag is just beautiful!
Have fun at the challenge...sounds great - I am so sorry that I have not enough time to join in.

Big hugs,
Susi

craftytrog said...

A fabulous page Chris, and great tag too!
Alison xxx

Gibby Frogett said...

Beautiful tag and awesome journal page Chris - thats a great background! Have fun with your geli plate :)
Gill x

Divers and Sundry said...

I like all your layers. Learning something new is always fun :) Making your creative endeavors a priority sounds right to me.

Lunch in a restaurant sounds like the perfect way to cap off an appointment out.

Meggymay said...

I think you had fun creating these wonderful projects Chris, after a busy few days. Its good to craft and escape everyday things.
Yvonne ss

My name is Erika. said...

That dripping paint background reminds me of bark, but really pretty bark. I love the pattern Chris! I love the pattern the tape creates. This is a super page for PSPP challenge and thanks so much Chris for joining. And I also love that pretty purple tag! Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

Words and Pictures said...

What a gorgeous page... I love the earthy colours and the combination of brayer and tape for the stripes. I'm planning to go with tapes for my stripes, but I'm not sure when I'm going to get round to it!! The tag is lovely too. Tracy's daisy is really pretty in purple.
Alison x

Helen said...

what fabulous projects. I don't use instagram but feel I must be missing out... but then I've not used my gelli plate either!!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Nice journal page ~ love the background!