Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 28 September 2019

Back to my Journal

We've  been quite busy but I've had some time to play in my journal. I wanted to clean off a stencil so I decided to use a babywipe over my page.(I think there were a few more colours there too!) 
I hadn't thought it would be quite so pink as I had been using a very deep red but it gave me an idea for using it for flowers and some gelli prints I had in my little journal bag. 
I used one of my favourite flower stamps -the AALLandcreate poppy and another stamp from the set. I coloured it with pink pearl paint. There are a few rose images frome some designer paper.I also added some bookpaper dots and a small piece of napkin with some text on it. I used the only words I could find in my stamp box at the caravan, but since most of my dreams involve flowers it seems apt!!!
I am joining Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey - Polka Dots, Stripes, Plaids and Patterns
The dots are there for sure and the pattern on the print on the left was made with the end of a sqeezesd loo roll!

Thanks for looking, Chrisx 

6 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Your page is sooo pretty I love it

My name is Erika. said...

I love how colors surprise us sometimes. Don't you? This is gorgeous Chris. Those subtle colors are really fabulous. Nice dots too. The little wordy ones are a great addition. And it is never bad to clean off the workspace a bit. Thanks again for another link to AJJ. Your support is much appreciated. Have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Oh that's just lovely, Chris! :)

Divers and Sundry said...

Sweet! I appreciate the suggestion for another way to use those rolls in art :) Thank you for that. It'll be perfect!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is truly YOU, dear Chris. I rue the day toilet paper companies no longer use those cardboard centers. This was a great way to use one. You have some incredible dreams, and I am even more delighted you shared this with us using Erika's theme at art Journal Journey. Thanks again for being so supportive of AJJ this month.

Words and Pictures said...

So light and delicate - that poppy stamp is just beautiful (the second time I've seen it in use around Craftyblogland on this morning's catch-up tour)... your pale pink version is delightful, and works beautifully as the focal point against that lovely soft background.
Alison x