Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 21 September 2019

Slow down Saturday...

I hope everyone has enjoyed the fine weather here in the UK - it's looking as though it's all change tomorrow!
We have taken advantage of the weather to get out and about yesterday and today, although this morning was only part of a shopping trip - we set out early to get a walk in at Styal Mill before going to a hardware store and a supermarket.
We weren't the only ones taking advantage of the sun either despite the early start!











As you can see the light is definitely Autumnal and some leaves are now changing colour! 

I have had a little time to make another journal page and also a card for a challenge.
I made this card for Country View Challenges September...Under The Sea
..and also for an instagram challenge - Garden Party challenges.

My journal page is for  Art Journal Journey and Erika's Polka Dots,Stripes, Plaids or Patterns
I stamped out my Aall and Create poppy onto some mop up paper towel and attached it with matte medium over a page onto which I had stamped some circles and polka dots. I added some of my paint pick up tape and some Crafty Individuals butterflies. Finally I doodled in a few tiny circles and coloured the flower with Distress Oxide ink picked up with a water brush.

Thanks for looking, Chris



12 comments:

Helen said...

Hi, I am so glad you enjoyed your catch up with Kew - I would definitely recommend trying to get in a visit to see the Chihuly if you could (well of course I would !) Love your pics from today - autumn is definitely my favourite season, for the light when it is as today.. .not sure next week will be quite so fabulous!! Great journal page. xx

froebelsternchen said...

I love the fab card and gorgeous page and I enjoyed the beautiful photos.
Happy weekend Chris and thank you for joining AJJ again with such a gorgeous page.
Susi xxx

My name is Erika. said...

I love the views from your day. It look as gorgeous as our weather here, but wow, so many people flowers. And you have some fabulous art today Chris. I love the under the sea card and that journal page is really beautiful Nice polka dots for sure! Thanks so much for posting another page to AJJ Chris. It is much appreciated. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

As always, I enjoy when you take us to Styal Mill. It's great when I see the changing seasons and how the gardens change over the course of a year. Autumn is certainly getting closer in your world. Not so much in mine, since we are still having very high summer temps and high humidity, too. I was definitely taken by the sunflowers.

Your journal page was reflective of your walk at Styal Mill with all the beautiful butterflies you photographed and the lovely ones you chose to stamp for your journal page. Thank you for sharing it with us using Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey. And thanks for being so supportive of AJJ, too, dear friend.

Words and Pictures said...

Yup, the glorious sunshine has definitely departed from here for now... so lovely to see you managed to grab a last day in the sun at Styal Mill. Those butterfly photos are wonderful, and the gardens, as always, look so tempting.

Love your blue/green card and page. The seahorse is a delightful stamp, and the textured underwater world you've created for him looks great. Beautiful flowers and butterflies on the polka dotted art journalling - and the perfect words too.
Alison x

Divers and Sundry said...

What lovely flower and butterfly photos. I can feel the changing season in your photos, and I'm ready! And I say that as someone who loves the hot summertime.

Meggymay said...

Beautiful photos from your walk in the grounds at Styal Mill.
Your art pages looks fantastic as well.
Yvonne xx

Marjut said...

Fantastic pages and you have taken beautiful photos.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I don't know what paint pick-up tape is, Chris, but I love this page! It's a beautiful melange of varied elements. You doodled circles are very cool. Eileen xx

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Nice cards, and I'm especially drawn to the poppies ~ lovely!

rachel said...

Gorgeous photos Chris ... looks stunning in the good weather.Thanks for joining us at Countryview Challenges and good luck! Hugs rachel xx Love your seahorse piece too!

Miriam said...

Fabulous card - thank you for joining in with the Country View Crafts Challenge.