Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 2 June 2019

Just a couple of things...

First of all, Thank you everyone for your lovely comments! I am feeling slightly better during the day time at least now and had a great time at the WOYWW crop yesterday...although I didn't do much more than chat!

My calendar journal is ready for June...
 ...with only 12 days? What's that about? The clues are along the bottom! 
As you may see - I was rushing and made a bit of a mistake.
I am entering Halle's 'Words to live by' theme at Art Journal Journey.
Here is May already filled in!

I also have a 'Second on the 2nd' post and I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth with this post from the 6th June 2017
As you will see June doesn't seem to be good month for me!!
         ------------------------------------------------
I don't know whether teacakes are just a British thing or not - I have never seen them on our travels in Europe.
This is where we went two weeks ago - the day before going to our caravan.I have the benefit of a free pass to Tatton Park(don't know why we don't go more often)which used to be given to workers of the Council Authority I worked for as a retirement gift and it is a pass for two people plus free parking which is quite a bonus!
We started by having a coffee and a shared teacake before our walk.
We sat in the courtyard - 

It was a lovely sunny day with enough clouds blowing over to make it comfortable!

We had promised ourselves a visit here for a while and think we may go back for lunch one day!
Now, If you don't mind I am going to rush you around the gardens - I have been experiencing a touch of what the Doc described as Benign Positional Vertigo and I don't want to spend too long on the computer so this will be almost without words!







It's not the quietest of places as it is quite close to the runway at Manchester Airport!







Sorry if you feel rushed - hopefully with the exercises that the Doc   showed me and some medication I shall soon be feeling fine!

We are going up to our caravan overnight(at least)mainly to pick up some clothes as I didn't feel up to going last weekend at all!!

Thanks for looking, Chris

17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your calendars look great, have fun filling the new one. Taton Park looks wonderful. You don't get tea-cakes here, but 'Rosinen Brötchen', which are the same, and I love them, too. Happy 2nd on the 2nd, hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Glad to read you are feeling better.
love your new calender pages, and really enjoyed all the photos too-especially those little ones.
Happy second on the 2nd and T Day hugs Kathy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your calendar is wonderful. I'm quite certain I know exactly where you are headed, and I also know based on your e-mail, too. I'm simply thrilled you shared this with us as your first contribution to Halle's theme this month at Art Journal Journey, That's a lovely quote and great words to live by, too.

Your second look is wonderful. I didn't feel rushed at all, and really enjoyed seeing this the second time around. Taton Park is more than likely lovely any time of the year, but these photos are glorious. Thanks for sharing them again with us for a second look on the 2nd, dear Chris. PLEASE feel better soon. I'm really worried for you, dear.

froebelsternchen said...

First - please recover soon!

You calendar pages are always a pleasure!
Great to have them linked to the new topic at AJJ!
Thank you dear Chris!
And I am totally impressed with the wonderful inpressions and photos!
Gorgeous!
Happy Second on the 2nd and happy June and fingers crossed for you that all comes along as you desire it!

Hugs, Susi

Halle said...

Your new calendar page is lovely...I think I know where as well. :)
Love that you used May for your AJJ entry. Very clever indeed.
Your Second on the second post had me saying oh and ah at the beautiful botanical gardens.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Your calendar art is lovely. And that park you went to is beautiful. You're lucky to have a free pass to visit it whenever you want.

My name is Erika. said...

You have some beautiful calendars Chris. And are you going to Paris or your son's new home How exciting and something to look forward too. And I enjoyed your second look and that beautiful spring garden walk. What a gorgeous place. We need more of those here for sure. Happy June! Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

I've heard that those exercises for that kind of vertigo work like a charm -at least they did for a friend of mine. I hope you get the same good results she did :)

The gardens look peaceful. I'm a city girl, born and bred, so air traffic won't bother me a bit :) Rushed? By no means! I took my time with your lovely photos :)

Happy T Day

Helen said...

was great to see you yesterday and enjoy your next trip!! LOVED the photos from Tatton, what a beautiful place! I had forgotten this from the original post

Meggymay said...

Would it be France again as your destination.? I'm sure it is.
The calendar pages look fantastic Chris.
I hope you will be feeling much better soon.
Yvonne xx

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Your calendar pages look great, Chris. I'm not sure what you meant by June not promising to be good month. I'm afraid it may be your health. Fingers crossed that June goes better than you expect.

Tatton Park looks lovely, I especially love the Japanese gardens - so serene.

Eileen xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun calendar pages. Can't wait to see where you are off to next. The gardens are so beautiful and colorful. The advantage of looking at the pictures on the computer is everything is so peaceful looking. I was especially charmed by the ducklings. Too cute.

Annie said...

Stunning journal pages and I so glad you are feeling a bit better x BPV is quite nasty so I hope that improves soon x Your photos are stunning and what a lovely gift x

Amy said...

Great calendar! Have fun filling it in for the month!
Excellent photos too!
https://heartnsoul-amy.blogspot.com/2019/06/words-to-live-by-artjournaljrny.html?m=1

Let's Art Journal said...

What fabulous calender pages! My guess would be that you are off to France again, I think the Eiffel Tower was a bit of a giveaway ...lol 😉. I hope you are feeling better and the medication and excercises work as it can't be much fun having vertigo. The gardens look amazing and the toasted teacake so yummy! Take care and wishing you a happy T Day! Jo x

Sharon Fritchman said...

I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well with vertigo. I hope that all of your therapies are working and that you feel much better soon. I absolutely love your gorgeous calendar pages! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful photos, too. Hugs to you!!! Sharon

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh my Tatton Park, how I miss it. I used to teach in Wigan some years ago so used to visit it occasionally. It's interesting what you said about Teacakes. Maybe afternoon tea is only an English thing. Hope you better soon. Happy weekend, Angela xXx