Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 5 June 2019

WOYWW 522

It really was lovely to meet up with some of you at the crop although I suspect I may have looked as though I wasn't enjoying myself!

My back pain is still there even though I have been given the all clear - the doctor(yet another one)seems to think I may have put something out of place - told me to do some gentle exercise(not that I could do anything other than gentle) and asked what painkillers I was using...so that's it then!!!

Sorry, but not sorry for this rant - a week today I want to be in Paris for the start of a trip around France and at the moment I can hardly carry a bag let alone my suitcase, even though we are only taking small cases!

Anyway, the crop...I arrived with hubby somewhat later than intended, but how nice to see everyone and the beautifully decorated hall!

I'm sure you have seen lots of pics so I'll only show a couple! 
Anne, Neet and Heather...not sure whether Neet had started anything here!
I confess all I did was write on the back of my ATC's...which I thought I had already done! 
 I am sure someone will have taken photo of the Snoop Queen cake!
Lots of laughter(and a few tears)as Julia gave a quick resume of what Workdesk Wednesday is all about....in a nutshell 'Us', but we all know who is responsible for 'us' being here, well, for me some weeks, but lots of you every week! Julia - you are a star for motivating us!!!
Please follow this link to our host Julia at The Stamping Ground 

Lots of swapping of ATCs took place and I started by trying to get cards in neat lines to give credit to everyone but just couldn't bend over the table long enough, so here is some of what I came home with, some raffle prize items and errr...the chocolate is in the fridge(well some of it!!!)
I'm making no promises about visits, although I will try and I won't be here for a few weeks.....I hope!!

Thanks for looking, Chris


17 comments:

Anne said...

Hello Chris it was lovely to meet you, so sorry you were suffering so much. I do hope your back improves for the trip to France and that you have a wonderful time. Anne x #15

Helen said...

hope that things settle a bit and you can get away, you really don't want to be missing a fabulous trip like you have planned! It was lovely to see you again on Saturday. Take it easy before you go! Helen #2

Heather M said...

Hi Chris, it was lovely to see you again. I dont think very much crafting was done at all on our table, but lots of chat, which makes up for the crafting. I hope your back improves enough for you to enjoy your trip to Paris! Have a lovely week Heather x#6

Dorlene Durham said...

UGH! Back pain is horrible. I hope you feel better soon. I don't think it ever completely goes away, but some relief is better than none. Glad you enjoyed the crop. I love seeing all the photos. Dorlene #34

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Chris so pleased you had a good time at the crop and hope the back improves. I'm a bit late tonight but better late than never I guess. Wishing you a happy woyww, what's left of it. Thank you so much for popping one of your ATCs into the envelop that Jo sent me. I was so surprised when all that arrived today. You're all so kind. Big hugs, Angela x17x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am so sorry to have taken so long to visit. Unfortunately, my electricity was off AGAIN this afternoon and into the night due to the storms. Now it is back on and I'm trying to play catch up.

I'm so glad you made it to the crop, and am really sorry to read you may be ill during your trip to France. I hope it all works out well and T doesn't cancel the first part of the trip. Just take care of you, PLEASE. Happy WOYWW from #3.

Nikki said...

May your back feel better soon
Looks like all had a fun time at the crop and please send me your snail mail as i have one more card to add to your huge collection
Hugs Nikki C no desk
Elusionary60@hotmail.com

Sarah Brennan said...

It was good to see you again Chris. I do hope your back plays along with the visit to France. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Chris, was lovely seeing you, so bad about the back pain. It really is the worst, and makes you feel so low. It's horrible when they can't get to the bottom of the problem, and painkillers can make you so sleepy, thats almost as bad. Hope you get to Paris ok, and manage to have a wonderful time. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 X

My name is Erika. said...

The crop sounds like fun hris. I love the idea of exchanging ATC's. You got some beauties. Hope the back improves ADAP. Back pain (like tooth pain) is the absolute worst. Take car of yourself. Hugs-Erika

Christine said...

What a super day it was!! Lovely to see you again and very brave for you to come.
I do hope you will be able to manage to get to Paris etc. We discovered the Parc Zoologique whilst we were there back in May, pop it on your 'to visit in future' list.
have a good week
Christine #25

Twiglet said...

It was so lovely to see you Chris and thanks for making that huge effort to get there. I do hope your back is easing and that you manage to get away. If you didn't get one of my dumflings let me know and I will post one to you. xx Jo

Divers and Sundry said...

It looks like y'all had great fun! I loved seeing the ATCs. Such delightful work, quite an inspiration for me as a beginner :)

I hope you see speedy improvement in your back as you prep for the trip.

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Chris, it was so lovely to meet you on Saturday! I hope your back gets better before your trip to Paris. For me, a hot water bottle usually helps. Or an infrared light if you have one. Hope your trip goes well - it all sounds very exciting. Don't forget to take photos to show us when you're back! zsuzsa #26

Neet said...

Oh Chris, you have my sympathy having suffered this terrible constant back pain for six months (next week on the 15th). We had to cancel our Christmas trip and my birthday one in March so I am just saying. I used a hot water bottle but had to have it so hot that I have burnt my back and it is now stained brown and the doctor thought it was going to ulcerate, hence my not using it now unless absolutely necessary. Just be careful, I would hate for you to be in a state in France. Are you staying with friends/family or hotels and things - that can make a difference.
It was a lovely day although i did not do anything until the last few minutes when I stamped a few images - not up to it with the old back and too busy nattering and squirming about to get comfy in my chair. Great to meet up with those I rarely see although Heather is not too far away and hopefully we will meet up a bit regularly, and Margaret has promised to come and stay with us. Then there is Sarah with her "Open Craft Shed" in October so you see we could be seeing folks a bit more.
Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Cath Wilson said...

Great to add your photos to Neet's collection - it looks like the perfect day to me. It's good to see Julia IRL, too, lol. It's a long time since I participated in WOYWW... it must be great to all get together :-) Thanks for sharing.
Cath x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Praying your back is behaving on the lovely time away, in God’s great mercy, I trust Chris Am day thank you for your atc too which came via the great kindness of Jo.
Happy VERY belated WOYWW. Thanks for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x #22

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}