Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 17 June 2019

T Stands for.....taking a chance with France..........

Well, if you are reading this ...I'm hoping you have forgiven me if I didn't visit last week!
I'm taking a chance that I may or may not be able to make any comments on your blogs even though I will try again!
We started our holiday with an overnight stay in Paris, not that we saw much as we arrived quite late after an incident on the Metro!
Beaune was the first part of our holiday and I can promise that there will be lots more photos when we get home!
For now here are some photos of some of the lovely Mediaeval town and the market!

We moved on to Lyon on Sunday and decided to walk to the old city.....We have now bought travel passes!



It is  beautiful city that a you can see has quite contrasting areas! Once again I have lots of photos!
I'm going to attempt to link at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog for T stands for Tuesday.

Today we went to the Vieux Lyon restaurant. We both had  pork dish and while hubby had praline flan I had a creme brulee.....our drink was of course...water!



           
This has taken quite a while to write so I will be going straight to bed now!
Thanks for looking, Chris

18 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

It is a joy to see your photos and read about your trips to France Chris! Although I have not been quite around as much of the country as you these posts always bring back such vivid and happy memories for me. Glad you are able to continue to travel about and savor this beautiful country. Thanks for sharing , and happy T day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad you are able to take this trip because I know this is the part of the trip that worried T the most. It's great that you have already visited three places. As usual, I enlarged and appreciated your lovely photos.

T looks very happy eating that flan. I am jealous, because it is one of my favorite desserts. even your creme brulee can't compare to the flan. Water is the perfect drink for food and dessert that decadent. Thanks for taking us to France with you and sharing this first meal ad water with us for T this Tuesday, dear sweet Chris.

Kate Yetter said...

Paris looks beautiful! And of course the food does as well. Enjoy your trip!
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris thanks for sharing your vacation so far-sounds fun with great food too-Happy T wishes Kathy

Helen said...

Glad you are enjoying your trip and we look forward to seeing lots more on your return.

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you are having fun. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Its good that you are enjoying your holiday. It looks a lovely area to visit, super photos.
The meal looks delicious as well. I'm sure you will have many more on your trip.
Happy T day wishes
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

It looks like a super trip so far! Can't wait to see all the photos Chris. Have fun! Hugs-Erika

J said...

Love the photos of your trip, you are certainly getting around!
Enjoy the rest of your travels
Jan x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great photos from your trip. The area looks beautiful. But what was the incident on the metro? I hope you're both okay. Happy T-Day!

Divers and Sundry said...

I've been looking forward to seeing photos from your trip :) Thanks for taking the time to share them. Happy T Tuesday!

Halle said...

Looks like you had a lovely time. I'll have to show the photos to my daughter. Happy T day!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

It sounds like you're having a wonderful trip, Chris. Enjoy! I look forward to more photos when you get home.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Sharon Madson said...

What great photos! You sound like you are having a wonderful trip! I look forward to more photos of your trip. Meanwhile, enjoy!

CJ Kennedy said...

i always enjoy your trips. Most likely as close to traveling abroad as I will get. The food looks fabulous and I'm jealous your husband smiles in the photos. I can't get Himself to participate. :-D Happy T Day

Let's Art Journal said...

Such fabulous photos! It looks like you are having a fun time and I always enjoy travelling with you and seeing the sights, you capture the culture and architecture so beautifully 😀. Your meal looks delicious too! Wishing you and your hubby wonderful travels and sending you happy T Day wishes! Enjoy yourselves! Jo x

Caty said...

OOh Chris, those photographs are so beautiful from your holidays in France !! thanks so much for sharing. Wonderful towns! and Delicious meals too, Happy T-day !! and Enjoy !
I wish you a very nice afternoon,
Big hugs, Caty

Words and Pictures said...

What a joy to join you in France again... Lyon looks like a great place to visit. And creme brulee is my all-time favourite, so I'm feeling even more envious!
Alison x