Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 12 April 2018

Starry Night!

Hi everyone! 
I am so enjoying Alison's theme at Art journal Journey - 'Recycle and Collage' is just what I have been doing! The only thing is that when I start I enjoy it so much that I don't stop at one page so unless I schedule some posts for next week I will have a huge backlog and may keep some to myself!!!
As I have mentioned before I have one or two bags of bits and pieces of leftovers from projects, magazine clippings, tickets, chocolate wrappers, birthday card bits, under papers from spraying or painting, things I just pick up - so I have a lot of choice of what I can use for collages. 
This page started as a mop up page (as they often do)
I have also been trying to use up some old products, so here behind the image transfer is a K and Company tag. I hope you will have a look around the page for...part of a birthday card, part of a visitor card, a piece of stamped mop up paper, an Italian chocolate wrapper and the motto that was inside it, a piece of tape that picked up some paint from my lid 'palette', some washi tape, a circle cut from a stately home brochure, a scrap of book paper and a piece of chocolate paper that had some stars cut from it.

I would also like remind you that Try It On Tuesday's theme 'Recycle Something' is still running until next Monday (16th April)

Thanks for looking, Chris



8 comments:

Meggymay said...

I love your fantastic recycling . page Chris and to see how you use all your bits and pieces. Its good to use the bits we store just in case they may be needed.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I swear this has everything on it except the kitchen sink. I couldn't find everything, but I found most and it gave me an idea for a page, too. Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey. I think you have definitely gotten into this theme, dear.

Helen said...

fabulous page, and lots of recycled reused items too.

froebelsternchen said...

Your terrific use of recycled items here is uncredible Chris! You have such a hand for perfect layering, composition and colours and that even with things other people would just throw away! I am absolutely impressed with that amazing page! I so hope to see a few more of your unique recycled stories.
Just fantastic!
I wish you a very happy and enjoyable weekend and say THANK YOU SO MUCH for another genius entry to Alison's theme at Art Journal Journey!
Hugs, Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Wonderful page! It sounds like I may have the same recycling tendencies as you as I have a some bags of recycled bits and pieces in my craft stash too ...lol 😉. Wishing you a Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊 x

craftytrog said...

Fantastic recycling on your beautiful collaged page Chris! I have a few K & Co bits lying neglected somewhere!
Alison xox

My name is Erika. said...

I'm a bit late catching up, but I do like your starry night page Chris. The candy wrapper and star punchelle are great additions-the shininess of them, along with the canvas lady gives the page a little change up. Have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

Halle said...

Your collage is wonderful...so many fun bits all working together perfectly.