Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 26 September 2017

Tick Tock at TIOT!

Hi everyone, I am still on my travels and this another scheduled post.
Our new theme at Try It On Tuesday is Clocks and the team have some great samples to show you.
I made a card for one of my sons and I'm pleased to say he liked it!
He loves to get out on his bicycle when he can!

I started with a card that had some gold paint on and added some random clocks from Paper Artsy Clocks4 set (one of the first PA stamps I ever bought)

I added some posh map paper 
I pressed my Walnut Stain Distress Oxide pad in the centre of a piece of watercolour paper and spritzed and dabbed until I was happy with 'bleed'
I stamped the large clock and the word from the same PA set using Perfect Medium and brushed two colours of Mica over them
I wasn't quite happy with it though so added some bronze paint around the edge which I heated until it bubbled slightly(a trick picked up in Tracy Scott's Workshop!),this time I used Bronze Embossing powder.

I dug into a box of old peel offs for the sentiment!

We shall be home soon and I'm sure there will be tales to tell and photos to show! For now I will still be relying on a decent wi-fi connection!

Thanks for looking, Chris

17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Great page Chris. I love clocks so this should be a fun theme.

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful card Chris!

craftytrog said...

Wonderful card Chris!
Your trip looks amazing, I'm enjoying all the photos!
Alison xxx

Rosie said...

Such a gorgeous card, Chris

Meggymay said...

Fantastic interesting layers Chris, super stamped images of the clock and bicycle, its a great card for a man.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was so impressed with all the layers, the stamping, the heat embossing, and the overall card, I can see why your son liked it.

Margik said...

Super card, Chris! Love the fantastic layers and the great stamping with that fabulous bronze powder touch.
Hugs, Mar

Lula said...

Beautiful card Chris! I'm sure your son will love it!
Great stamping!
Lula oxo

Mrs.B said...

A great card, love the layers and great details.

Avril xx

chrissie said...

A terrific card Chris

Love Chrissie xx

Sandra Wright. said...

Awesome card..x

kathyinozarks said...

I love this piece-well done

maj. said...

Totally stunning card, such an amazing beautiful background!!

Cheetarah said...

Great card, Love it!

Marjut said...

This is such a beautiful card

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful card! I love the copper metallic paint you used, it adds such a lovely shimmer and shine 😁. Hope you are having a fun weekend, Happy Travels! J 😊