Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 28 May 2016

Lazy afternoons….in Paris!

Not here you understand - I have been trying once again to get some order in my craft room. Since I got my new cabinet I have been struggling to make the space work - I lost two small sets of plastic drawers that were replaced by a sturdy metal cabinet! I thought this would be the ideal place to keep my little paper pads but alas it just isn't working - so this week I have been moving stuff around and….shock!, horror!…….gettting rid of stuff! We have also been out and about while the weather is fine too!
I have however, found time at last to play along with some challenges - this time I am joining Art Journal Journey where Erika - BioArtGirl - has the fabulous theme of Journeys. As you can imagine I really wanted to play along more with this theme but alas this is only my second time! 
So….Paris…or any other French city in the afternoon…hubby and I like to sit down, preferably in a Salon de The and have a, well, in my case cup of coffee, but hubby always has tea. Often there is a little biscuit on the side too…
You may have seen the start of this page on Wednesday where I had to gesso over everything and start again. I had already decided that I would stamp onto tissue so it was good to see that my lovely friend Patty had the same idea! I did some random stamping with text and diamonds and used one of my new Crayola Twistables around the edges and also over the texture paste - they are really smooth. The stamp is one of the new Carabelle Studios stamps I bought in Paris and the words are from Emma Godfrey's Paper Artsy set EEG07.
I found the cup in one of my favourite magazines - Daphnes Diary and sat it on half a little doily.
Yesterday hubby and I were out for the day and I called into a Pound Shop to get some more cheap makeup sponges and I found some little narrow rolls of Washi Tape, so they have been added too.

Hope to be back soon with more journaling.

I have nearly caught up with most of my favourite blogs - still a few more I would like to visit.

Thank you all for your kind comments - it does make me happy to know that at least you haven't fallen behind and I do appreciate your calling by, it means a lot to me!

Thanks for looking, Chris

19 comments:

Marjut said...

Beautiful page.

Anonymous said...

Hello dear lady, what a gorgeous page of my very favourite place. I love ♥ it. XXxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Your Paris page is beautiful and elegant, and love the texture in the background. I have been clearing out today, and now there is some space in my wardrobe and 2 huge sacks went to the old clothes collection. My stash has to be cleared next....Hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

oh this is just fabulous!

Unknown said...

Well I'm sitting here at home this evening enjoying your journey to paris and also wanting a cup of coffee (maybe café au lait?) ;-) .... wonderful journal page!!!!
Dear Chris I'm finished with your ATC, it will be in the mail on Monday :-)
Wishing you a lovely evening... in Paris!
Hugs,
Michelle ♥

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous page Chris, love the backdrop for the cup and saucer and wonderful theme. Oh to be back in Paris, you bring me wonderful reminders of our visit to the beautiful city xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

1. I wish I could stamp as well as you.
2. I wish I could put a page together as well as you.
3. I wish I could find cheap washi tape.
4. I wish my Twistables looked and worked as good (or is it well) as yours!
5. I wish I could come help you get your studio/craft space in order so it works well for you.

Instead, I'll wish you a lovely weekend and admire your journal page in awe.

~*~Patty S said...

No surprise your page turned out beautifully Chris.
Your stamping on tissue trip worked like a charm...I do like how the tissue melts right into the surface.
Your cup of coffee and doily are such a great addition too ♥♥♥
Mr M and I are headed out for coffee and a treat right now.
Happy Sunday oxo

froebelsternchen said...

Just beautiful - what a fantastic page and idea with the cup to commemorate your Paris trip Chris! Thanks a lot for linking to AJJ even though you are busy with organizing your work space... I have the same big problme just right now.. don't know how to organize optimal... and want to get rid of many scraps that I will for sure NEVER us in this life. But it's always difficult for a crafter to separate from collected stuff..isn't it?!
Happy rest of the Sunday and a good week ahead!
oxo Susi

Rita said...

Pretty page!
I do a lot of arranging and re-arranging with supplies, too. Kind of never really ends--LOL!
Have a great week. :)

Mrs.B said...

A wonderful page Chris, love the background to your Paris scene.
Avril xx

My name is Erika. said...

Chris I am glad you found another chance to play along. I love your Paris page-that building image is gorgeous and I love how you added the Tea and biscuit photo. I love to browse Daphne's Diary too- so luscious. Have a great new week and thanks for joining up again-Erika

Gez Butterworth said...

Hi Chris, loving your journal pages, this is just super. I was hanging on your every word wishing I could join you for coffee! What a lovely image you have conjured up in my mind!

Hope all is well. Sorry for being out of the blogging loop, I have a very poorly son. I need to get back into journaling and spending some time in my craft room for me! Good luck reorganising, it will be worth it.

Much love, Gez xxx

Pamellia said...

I feel your pain Chris. When we moved, my craft room was about half the size of my old one. I had to discard a lot of things and that was quite painful. lol. Good luck getting it just the way you want it. Your page is brilliant! I love the subtle flourish texture in the background, and the brown accents work so well with the aquas and blues! Hope you had a great week, just playing some catch up today. hugs :)

Electra said...

This is simply glorious!

sirkkis said...

Your page looks really great, Chris.
Hugs xx

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful page! I love everything about it, the background you have created, with the colours, stamps and texture, is stunning. I really enjoyed hearing about your techniques and materials, thanks for sharing :-)

Jeanie said...

A beautiful page of a city that I love! So many lovely textures and line.

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous page - I love the colours and those flourishes are simply wonderful - very Parisian!
Alison x