My lovely hairdresser, who also happens to be the mother of my youngest grandson, has a new baby girl, Lily Rose! The baby will be no relation to me as her Mum was my son's partner and she is now married to someone else! They are a lovely couple and already have a little girl together. I haven't made a new baby card for ages and didn't even have a suitable stamp for a baby girl until I found one in a sale the other week!
I decided to take some inspiration from the Craft Hoarders Challenge where you can choose the elements you want to use - see here!
I chose - ink,ribbon/lace/thread,die cutting/stamping,dry embossing/metal, flowers/bling.
I had also seen the challenge on Stamping Sensations so my new-ish dies could be used again.
I decided to round the corners with a corner cutter to soften the shape a little.
I rubbed Victorian Velvet distress ink over the raised dots of the embossing,and although I had been going to distress the edges decided against it.
The flowers are some I've had in my stash for ages(some I think are from when I first started crafting)I put Worn Lipstick and Victorian Velvet distress ink on my mat and then spritzed the flowers and mat with water and ran them through it. The metal curls are the wire stems of the roses.I added some threads pulled from some muslin as I had seen this technique used on Nancy's blog 'Tattered Treasures' recently
I would like to enter in the
Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge - Choose Your Challenge
Stamping Sensations January Challenge - Dies and Punches
Thanks for looking, Chris