Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Sunday, 11 May 2014

I did it!

Way back in February my lovely friend Lindsay was demo-ing at a craft show in Manchester. I was quite taken with the accordion card die but didn't think I'd be able to use it - Lyndsay showed me how easy it was, but it has taken me until now to have a go! I took a deep breath and got on with a card for my eldest son's birthday.
Now, I'm not the world's cleanest crafter but decided that a strong glue was necessary so I used the Cosmic Shimmmer glue - I've a feeling that I may have been better with strong tape as I did end up getting quite sticky at times and had to keep washing my hands!!
I wanted something to reflect my son's interests and talents and judging by his appreciative comments I think I managed it.


His job involves refurbishing flats and houses so that had to be there. He loves visiting castles, his garden, cars and driving - I think I covered those ok too.

His birthday is on there too and a clock (he is often late getting to places - caught that from me!!!)
Most of the papers were from Tim's 'Collage' and 'Lost and Found' papers, some are from sets of Kraftyhands papers I bought at a craft show. I also used some stickers from I covered a Tando key with tissue tape and added a hint of bronze acrylic paint.
The photos were rushed a bit as  - guess what - I was getting close to handing it over!
I did have a few issues with holding the joins together - perhaps three layers of paper was just too much but I got there in the end!

I would like to enter this in the Tando Creative Challenge this month - Incorporate a key

Thanks for looking, Chris

11 comments:

butterfly said...

What a fantastic card, Chris - so glad you bit the bullet and used the die! It's so worth clicking for the large photos of all the brilliant individual details you've included for your son - love those vintage cars. Great use of the papers too - altogether fantastic!
Alison xx

Redanne said...

I absolutely LOVE accordion cards Chris and you have done a brilliant job with yours - it is wonderful. I love all the elements you added, I am not surprised that your son loved it! I bet you will become addicted to making them now... Hugs, Anne xx

Sarah Anderson said...

Wow Chris, this is amazing! Just love it :)

Julie Ann Lee said...

Well, Chris, this looks amazing! Accordion cards look so complicated and impressive, that I have to confess they scare me and I haven't dared to purchase a die like this one. Now you might just have persuaded me! What a gorgeous make! I bet your son was thrilled. I know mine would be! Julie Ann xxx

Annie said...

Your accordion card is fabulous Chris :-) I adore the way you have taken all of his favourite things and incorporated them in this amazing layout.

I am sure he will treasure it x

TFS and Best Wishes

Annie x

Carol said...

what a fantastic card. Well done for getting all your son's interests on there too. Thank you for sharing with us at Tando creative Challenges this month.

Karen Gist said...

WOW! this is a fantastic card Chris! Thank you for joining us at Tando :-D x

Juliz Design Post said...

Fabulous looking accordian card Chris. I can see why your son loved it with you telling a story on it. Lovely keepake.I bought this die about 8 weeks ago must get a play with it soon.
Julie x

Carol said...

Gorgeous - love how you managed to fit all those aspects in and great to have it truly appreciated :)

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Awesome card! I love the treatment on the key. :) Thanks for joining the challenge at Tando Creative! :)

Kaz said...

This is fabulous, I'm not surprised he really liked it! There's so much work involved. I think it's the law to get sticky with glue ;) Thanks for joining us at Tando this month.