My latest journal page began the same way that many of my pages begin - a mop up page! When my new stamps arrived at the end of last week I could hardly wait to get this set mounted and inked!
Its the Artistic Outpost set 'Bluebird' and I've wanted it for some time!
In the set is a small text stamp in old typewriter print, I masked off the area that I wanted the image by tearing some paper to the approximate size, allowing the text to fill in the edges. I then used the stamp right way up and upside down and stamped randomly - this may seem like odd behaviour but as a child I was allowed to play with a typewriter and was always fascinated with the patterns I could make by reinserting the paper upside down and winding it through before I added more letters.
I then laid the 'hole' over the text and stamped the image using my new Potting Soil Archival ink(seen so many folk using this and loved it-it's my new favourite). Oh dear! the green patterned background did not suit the little girl! I stamped her again onto plain paper and coloured her by mixing some distress pens onto my mat and painting with a water brush before cutting her out and pasting her over the green figure!
I then used distress markers to colour one of the birds on another of the stamps so that the bird could fly towards the little girl. All I needed then was the little quote and some music from the bird stamp. Not to be caught out again I painted a little area with Nougat PA Fresco Finish paint.
This is the best photo I could get in fading light but tomorrow is a busy day so I wanted to post this tonight.
I would like to enter this in the following Challenge
Artistic Outpost - Anything goes
Thanks for looking, Chris