Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 26 January 2014

No colour?

I have been playing in my journal again and unusually for me didn't feel in a mood for colour.
A little bit of stencilling, and smudging of inks, some stamping - some conventional rubber stamps and some bottle tops etc., some tape, some painted lace, a chocolate wrapper, collaged stamped images. 

Halfway through doing this page I saw the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge where they wanted you to use the letter 'A' so out came my lovely knight stamp - only thing is I think I threw just a little too much silver embossing powder onto his armour!

I enjoyed not using colour for a while but I think I'll give it a rest for now!

I would like to enter this in 
the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge where my heavily Armoured knight stands for the 'A'

Country View Challenges where they are actually encouraging Monochromatic entries


7 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Love this... so atmospheric in b&w, and the tape and the lace give it great structure - a fabulous page, Chris.
Alison x

Juliz Design Post said...

Hi Chris, your blog is fantastic and loving your techniques. I have decided to follow you to keep up to date with your posts. Thanks for the lovely comments you left on my blog.

Julie x

Anna-Karin said...

Stunning page! The black, white and silver looks wonderful together. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

Zue said...

Hi Chris. I saw this the other day, but didn't have time to comment. It is so lovely....your choice of monotone really sings to me.....
Thanks for your comment, I never make two of anything! I have just been tidying my blog and re-posted a few bits.....cheating, I suppose.
Enjoy your travels and stay toastie warm, if you can!
Xxx

Connie said...

What is more fun than playing in your journal . . . and you do it so well :)
Your blogging sister, Connie

Words and Pictures said...

Very happy to post you some leafy die-cuts! Off to bed now, but let's liaise over the weekend!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous page Chris, really effective in B&W. Thanks for joining us at Country View Crafts. Sue C x