Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Final few pages

One of my journals is very nearly full - I can hardly believe its over two years since I started this particular journal at an Introduction to Art Journaling workshop with Lindsay Mason way back at the start of February 2011. We had some laughs that day!
The journal is a Rymans one that Lindsay provided for each of us and it has been a faithful friend for all that time. Around that time I had two other journals on the go - a small A6 one and another A5 one with watercolour paper but this has been the one I've turned to mostly - I love it so much there's already a replacement waiting to be started (although I now have a variety of journals of different sizes and with different papers)
Here is one of the latest pages 

This page came about simply because I was sorting through some old scraps(with the intention of throwing them away)They have been in a little pencil case for ages but when I found them I just couldn't do it! The white butterflies are from some cup cake holders(Sainsbury's I think)The tape and stamps are fairly new(TH). The stick on moth was also found during my sort out - tucked inside a folder - a whole book of crowded attic idea-olgy stickers with only a few used - how did that happen? I'm going to be using more of these now I've found them.

Now the funny thing is - when I saw the challenge at Our Creative Corner I scratched my head and decided this was one challenge I wouldn't be doing - I mean, I use all my stuff right? I don't forget what I have - I may mislay it but I know it's there - ahem! I'm saying no more till the craft police arrive!!!
So, yes, I am going to link to this challenge:-

Our Creative Corner - Forgotten Things

Thanks for looking, I'll be back with some more pages soon, Chris

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Morning Chris, love this page. It's surprising what we forget about isn't it? Have a good day, take care.
Carol.x

Julie Lee said...

I love those butterflies from the cupcake holders. I've not been crafting as long as you, Chris; but I'm so disorganized I confess I do forget things!!! They get pushed to the back of my little cupboard - well, that's my excuse! I love making things with little bits and pieces that come to light like this - so satisfying! And this looks beautiful: all those butterflies - one of my favourite images! I'm so glad you didn't throw the scraps away because they made beautiful art! Julie Ann xx

Artyjen said...

I can't believe how much forgotten stuff I have!!! ROFL
Great page
xoxo Sioux

Redanne said...

Hi Chris, I think the Craft Police would give you an 'A+' for finding and using things up! Your journal page is beautiful, really love all those gorgeous butterflies. Thanks so much for joining in our Forgotten Things Challenge at Our Creative Corner. Hugs, Anne x

Words and Pictures said...

Perfect, in my eyes - what a gorgeous, natural, beautiful page - it's just lovely. Tissue tape, cupcake butterflies and the sticker, and that wonderful kraft lettering - I love everything about this page. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner!
Alison xx

Jenny Marples said...

Oh well done for 'fessing up' Chris!! Love the combination of elements on this page and the gentleness of the colours. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Hugs, Jenny x

Laurart said...

LOL...It's amazing what can be found lurking around. This is so wonderful Chris! I adore every bit of it and thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this month - Love from Laura xxx