Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 1 March 2013

365/12 calendar journal March

Hurray! At last the 1st of March - Spring is only weeks away! After such a grey winter the sun does seem to lift everything - including spirits-although it's having difficulty pushing through the clouds today
Of course it's also time for a new calendar page if you are part of Kate's 'show…and sometimes tell' over at The Kathryn Wheel blog
Here is March, already to fill in

I used Dylusions spray inks over spotty and flower masks, dabbed it(I got some lovely mop ups) and then smeared white acrylic paint over the top to take it back a bit more! The stamps are Lavinia and a little part of a Sheena A Little Bit Sketchy stamp. I made the squares by dabbing inks onto my mat and spritzing before dragging the paper through it.
Here is my completed February page

Here's hoping that March brings me more time to spend in my craft room! Thanks for looking, Chris

8 comments:

patcrafts said...

Gorgeous colours for March, brilliant idea for the journal squares look to be the same colours as the background but more muted, lovely xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was taken by how gorgeous and mottled those squares were. They were perfect for your March calendar. Very impressive technique, too.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Oh both pages are very nice. I like how pretty and delicate February is. Have a great month.

Sandra Hall said...

Lovely page Chris, thats a great tip for achieving a toned look your journal blocks.

kat said...

Such dreamy calendar pages, romantic and lovely!

Unknown said...

see you have been having fun in your journal again ;) looks great xx

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, how beautiful March is - such wonderful colours, so pretty and romantic!
Sorry I've got behind - I was out of wifi reach over the weekend (bad withdrawal symptoms!)...
Alison x

PiaRom said...

Your calendar is so inspiring...I think of doing my own ... love the contrast March brings along ;)