Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 31 January 2011

OUT TO LUNCH

again! This time with my eldest. He had expressed a desire to go to the John Rylands Library in Manchester for some time so when he rang and suggested today I jumped at the chance ...no housework again:) We got in early-ish to find that they didn't open
until 12 on a Monday so we walked around Spinningfields for a while, went back, had a coffee and then went to explore. I have been several times before and had hoped that the small book display was still there .. alas it finished last week. There was however a fantastic display on bookbinding. After he had walked around marvelling at the fantastic architecture we had time for lunch. I knew exactly what to order - Northen platter which comes on two huge platters with separate plates - its like your own mini buffet all for £14.95(for 2) and includes either a hot drink or wine. There was so much we had to ask for a 'doggie tray' to bring home cheese(2 kinds), chicken and pork pie!

I have been meaning to show you my mini book made with the multi-talented Sarah (http://sarahanderson1.blogspot.com/) at the Sale Craft class.
I finished it at home last week but forgot to take piccies. Hope you like it






I used a selection of stamps ranging from Wendy Vechi and Elusive images to Unity, Hero Arts and The Stamp Man, stencilling masks and lace punch were courtesy of Sarah. I didn't like what I had done with the purple so toned it down with a white gel pen

Thanks for looking,
Chris

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Beautiful stamping and colours there Chris. Well done you.
xx

Laura (Faerielore) said...

this is amazing, i love the colours and so much detail