Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 4 August 2024

Wonderfully Wild

 Hi everyone, I have my calendar journal to show you today. Hopefully the next time you see this page there will be an entry saying that my fracture boot has been given the 'boot'!

Jo of Let's Art Journal blog is hosting at Art Journal Journey this month with her theme 'Wonderfully Wild'

I have gone to the rainforest to find my wild animal -a jaguar!

I made a page using brushos through a dotty style stencil which I had to move around the page. I used a Stamperia paper pad for the images, the jaguar peeping through the leaves, a jungly background strip and an orchid and leaves. The letters are Tracey Evans design for Aall and Create.

I am behind with my blog catch up so only noticed today that Jo has used the jaguar image too, so I hope that will take a look at her blog.

Here is my July page filled in.



If you want to read this feel free, there's a lot of TV/film watching, puzzles, sorting things out, but you will see also that with the help of hubby and friends have been able to go out for coffee and meals too.

The boot has made me so hot though and I am always pleased to get home and take it off and rest my foot.

I have started to write a daily journal which is making me more aware of things that need to change....but I won't go into that!! I got the inspiration from attending Journalfest at the end of June where there were some interesting speakers.

Thanks for looking, Chris





10 comments:

craftytrog said...

It's a beautiful calendar spread Chris! I love that beautiful jaguar.
Hope you're having a good weekend, better now that the temperatures are a little cooler.
Hugs,
Alison xx

Rita said...

Definitely a wild calendar page!
Hope you get that boot off soon!
The Journalfest sounds really interesting to me.
Hope you have a wonderful day! :)

CJ Kennedy said...

I love the jaguar/leopard peeking through the leaves as s/he gets ready to pounce on August. Enjoy the rest of your weekend

My name is Erika. said...

Funny, I almost used that jaguar picture too. Great calendar Chris. And good luck with your foot. I hope that boot is gone soon-very soon. And good luck with your daily journal too. I keep one and have for the past 6 or 7 years, and not only do I like doing it, but it is fun to see what's gone on in your life. Have a super new week. And thanks for Joining AJJ too. hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Such beautiful calender pages! Loving those Stamperia papers and the way you used them to adorn your wild pages 😊. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey and sending you get well wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Neet said...

Before i saw your comment i thought - that's the same jaguar as Jo used - and I went for a look. then I read your comment! Doh! I love it and it looks so good on here, what a great calendar it makes.
Hope you soon get the boot (off)
Hugs, Neet xx (missed you at Ruthin)

Cloudia said...

Always a worthwhile visit dear. Hope you continue to heal and enjoy your interesting activities. Aloha!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had to laugh that you used the same image Jo used. It's a gorgeous calendar entry and it puts my puny one to shame.

I hope you can get rid of that boot very soon. I know it must be a pain to have to wear it when you go out.

JournalFest sounds exciting. My journal is my blog. I write everything that goes on in my life either on my calendar or on my blog. Have a lovely new week, dear Chris.

Kym Decker said...

great pages for a calendar! Nicely done!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oh my Chris. I hope your fracture boot gets the boot soon!!! I hope you are not in pain, too. Sending hugs. Also, both of your calendars and absolutey beautiful. I love what you did with the wonderfully wild theme and the Stamperia paper images. They are perfect here. And your July page looks beautiful, too. I bet it kept you busy. Thank you for sharing and TAKE CARE of YOU!!! Hugs, Sharon