Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 16 April 2024

Inspired By A Song

Hi everyone, we're all singing away at Try It On Tuesday this time - our new topic is  'Inspired By A Song' I'm sure at least one of will give you your 'earworm' for the day! Please take a look at the songs that inspired the Design Team.

Many years ago I went on my first date with my hubby, we went to see the Lion King at the cinema and since then I have seen two different stage productions. One of the most beautiful scenes is where all the animals appear to the song 'The Circle Of Life'

I stamped the Pink Ink lion and drew round a lid to get the circle. The background was made with Neocolourll watercolour pencils and a random shaped stamp using VersafineClair ink. I also used the Neocolours to colour everything else. The birds, animals and trees are all stamps by Crafty Individuals.

I wrote the song title and stamped and outlined the word LION, also in the Pink Ink set.

I am looking forward to seeing which song you choose, and maybe give me my ear worm for the day!

The Try It On Tuesday challenge runs, as usual, for two weeks. For rules please check here.

I am also joining Valerie at Art Journal Journey with her 'Geometric Forms' theme.

Thanks for looking, Chris 

9 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I have that stamp set Chris. I love how you thought to use it for this TIOT challenge. And it's a great song too. The lion is even wearing his crown.Hope its a good day. hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

I can’t remember if I ever saw the movie “Lion King.” I only remember one song from it.

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page to represent your chosen song Chris. You are right to say that this song will last in my head for the rest of the day.
Yvonne

Viv said...

One of my favourite pieces of music Chris - and your page is amazing! x

Valerie-Jael said...

Thanksy for a lovely challenge page, and I think I will be singing all night! Hugs, Valerie

Joan said...

A fabulous page Chris and happy memories of the song for you too. I have never seen the Lion King, can't imagine why not !


Joan x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a stunning page. I know nothing about the Lion King, but I can certainly appreciate the beauty of the journal page.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

It's a mighty thing the Circle of life and a very grand page with the Lion wearing his crown, fabulous scene Chris and a super composition.
I hope all is now well with you? Take care Crafty Hugs Tracey x

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Chris and I love your interpretation of the
song with this wonderful lion wearing his Crown.
Avril xx