Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 5 September 2021

Audrey

 The Art Journal Journey theme chosen by Wendy this month is 'Vintage' and it set me thinking about films. 

I can think of nothing better on a dark Winter afternoon than watching an old film on TV. One of the few things to look forward to when the clocks go back next month

I love Audrey Hepburn films, you can probably guess that my favourite film is Charade (also starring another favourite film star, Cary Grant) as it is set in Paris, although I may be pushing it a bit by saying it is vintage as it was released in 1963. However another favourite is definitely vintage  - Roman Holiday, her first film was released in 1953.

I tore a piece of paper from an old paper collection I uncovered in a tidy up, then added some texture paste through a Tim Holtz tag stencil.

The photo is from a box that held some Audrey perfume(not that nice!) and I used a label cut from some Stamperia papers and the word photo from some freebie paper from a French scrap magazine. The rest of the images are stamped using Aladine stamps, bought in Paris a few years ago. The circle image(from Breakfast at Tiffany's) is stamped onto a piece of the leftover background paper.

Audrey was recognised as an English actress, although she was born in Belgium in 1929. She appeared in several musicals productions in the East End in London while in her teens before her career in films, which she had, alongside working for UNICEF. 

I hope that this may have brought back some memories for you too, 


Thanks for looking, Chris





10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece, they used to make such great films back in the day! Have a good, new wek, stay safe! Hugs, Valerie

WendyK said...

Lovely nostalgic page for my theme on Art Journal Journey. Thank you for anther great entry.
Hugs Wendy

kathyinozarks said...

awesome page Chris

My name is Erika. said...

I love all the wonderful details you included on this page Chris. It's such a great tribute to Audrey Hepburn. The textured stenciling is a nice addition too. Happy new week. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

What a lovely scrapbook page to Ms. Hepburn. Beauty, brains, and an amazing woman.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun and unique journal page, Chris,. I love all the little details you included, including the film strip, the tickets, and other ephemera. This is a gem. I saw Breakfast at Tiffany's on TV at Turner Classic Movies, or I would not have known who she is. She is a beauty and this is a great piece for Wendy's theme at AJJ, too, dear.

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page Chris, Audrey was an icon of an actress. I liked all the detail you added to the as well.
Yvonne xx

Matilde said...

I love Audrey Hepburn! It's very cool idea to show the vintage times 😍

nwilliams6 said...

Love this page, Chris! Great texture, great subject, and fun supporting cast of details! She was amazing and lovely, and I love all her films that I have seen. I did not know she wasn't from England - thanks for sharing the information. Hugz

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous page Chris!
Brings back memories of watching those lovely old films on a Sunday afternoon, with my mum doing the family's ironing :-)