Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 17 December 2019

T Stands for....the park

Hello everybody!
I haven't been very well for a few days but I am getting better now - had a walk to the doctors this morning but I was already feeling brighter!

The end of our holiday in France ended the same way as our April trips to Paris...with a walk to our favourite park - Parc Montsouris - it is one of the four parks that Napoleon III had built in each compass point in Paris and is based on an English Country garden!

We stay at a hotel in the Buttes aux Cailles area and the walk takes about 20 minutes - this time we took slight detour and saw these lovely doors


 This road is one that is familiar to us though!
It was a hot day so our first stop was at the cafe, this has only been reopened recently and has lovely views of the lake.
I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday with our Cola and Tonic water.

One of the local schools was out for a trip too!

The grass around the community beds was quite dry after the hot weather
 The tree surgeons were at work in the play park - making it safe for the upcoming school holidays!

This chap was quite high up!
The bandstand was being used by another school.
 The park was quite busy
This is 'The Bathers' statue


 Construction work being done on the pathways
This statue is called 'Lions Death' - rather sad...
This one has the racy title - 'First Thrill'...

A railway runs through the park - we don't often have time to walk as far as the bridge but we had booked a later Eurostar train.

Can you spot the black swan?

A very brightly coloured dragonfly

It was soon time to walk back to the hotel - we were pleased to see that one of our favourite bakeries only had a short queue - last time it was so long we went elsewhere!
We took our lunch back to eat in the relative quiet of the hotel - just behind me in this photo there were some new guests waiting to get into their rooms
I may find a few more unusual photos from our trip but for now this is the end of the journey!
I hope you have enjoyed seeing our photos - I do seem to have shown quite a few...

I'm sorry not to have visited everyone last week - I had such poor connection at the caravan - something we won't miss....and then I felt too poorly to do anything much!

Thanks for looking, Chris

11 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris, I do hope you are feeling much better today.
I always enjoy your trip photos so much-lets me get to see places I will never be able to.
Yes I saw the black swan but would have missed it if you didn't mention it.
Happy T wishes hugs Kathy

Helen said...

Yes, I saw the black swan (eventually!) great photos - the park looks fabulous, and plenty of shade despite the heat. Great to see the last of your French trip photos. Glad you are feeling better.

Linda Kunsman said...

I wish you well and feel better soon. I have thoroughly enjoyed all the photos and recounts of your trip to France! And today- I love all the super looking doors you've captured. Beautiful park to wander around in. Really, just lovely all around. Thanks so much for sharing it, and happy T day!

Meggymay said...

Chris, I hope you will be feeling better soon, I was sorry to read that you had been unwell.
I have enjoyed seeing your photos of your trip to France in your posts and todays were beautiful as well. The parks look so inviting havens of calm in a busy city.
Happy T day wishes Chris.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm continuing to enjoy visiting in spirit the places you take photos of. I'm glad you're feeling better on this T Tuesday :)

My name is Erika. said...

Oh it is so nice to see all the greens and colors of that warmer season. We have cold and fresh snow today, and of course it is France which is for more exotic than New Hampshire. I loved seeing these photos Chris. Is there any more or shall we wait for the next trip? Hope it was a fabulous T day. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I bet Lisca went wild over those different doors. They are beautiful.

I loved seeing those children from grade school wearing those reflective jackets. I wish kids in the states did that. We send our kids out and there is no safety. Those jackets make anyone sit up and notice the kids.

I loved the statues from the park, but I felt for the lion. Don't let Iris see that (grin). That first thrill I hope was NOT in the children's park. If so, they got an anatomy lesson!

It looked like T was drinking a green cola, because I suspect that was your tonic water. Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos from Paris with us and your drinks for T this Tuesday.

Again, happy belated birthday, dear friend.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great assortment of photos. I hope you're feeling better soon. Happy Belated T-Day!

Rita said...

Lovely area. I especially liked the red doors and the red dragonfly. ;)

Let's Art Journal said...

Sorry to hear you have been so unwell, I hope you are better soon! I loved exploring Paris with you, it's such a beautiful place 😁. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Eileen Bergen said...

Lovely doors. I enjoyed sharing your last day in Paris. So many interesting sights.

I hope you're feeling 100% soon. I'm just getting over strep throat. So hopefully, we'll both be well for Christmas!

Happy T-day! Eileen xx