Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 3 December 2019

T Stands for -

Hi everyone,I still have a few more photos from the Summer.
Paris on the first Sunday of the month has free entry to many museums - so we set off to take advantage!
We walked through the market at the bottom of the road - it starts where the fabulous boulangerie puts out his own stall and there are queues into the shop and at his stall!
We miss out on Mondays though, often our last day, as he shuts all day then!

It is mainly food but I did find a replacement handbag further up the market!
We caught a metro to the Marais area.
Here I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday

We walked towards the museum we intended to visit first and spotted a sign outside here..
 ...intrigued, we went in..
.. a treasure trove as far as I was concerned!!

We were told that we should have booked for brunch but luckily there was a free table. 
There was a good choice of deli items and we helped ourselves to fruit juice!
Then it was coffee and selection of cakes and cookies. 
I managed to get a photo of the brunch bar while no - one was there.. a rare moment - the little cafe was very busy!


We went back through the shop and I found some cute stamps and a couple of little gifts for folk at home!
We walked a little further to the Picasso Museum





 I am always fascinated by worn steps...


It was difficult to take photos as being a free day it was quite busy!

We spent a while in this museum but pressed for time we moved on.
As we came out I spotted this apartment block
 ...and then walked past the garden at the side of the museum



We were on our way to another museum...more next time!

Thanks for looking, Chris

14 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what an amazing day out! I loved walking around and seeing the sights with you, so many fabulous things to see and do 😁. Your meal looked so delicious too - yum! Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Helen said...

you find the most amazing places! do you want companions? I am sure there'd be a queue of people to come with you!

kathyinozarks said...

You find the most wonderful places to visit. I loved the Picasso museum and the area around it. the shop looked like so much fun to go through and you found a wonderful place to eat-Happy T hugs Kathy

Meggymay said...

That cafe and shop you went into looked so inviting and the trip to the museum free on Sundays was sure to get many visitors. You had an amazing trip to France this year Chris.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

More great photos from Paris. And seeing the warmth of Summer is a welcome sight right now: it got very cold where I am in the northeast US, due to a snow storm that came through. Brrr. The cafe you found to eat in looks nice. But that first photo of the museum? Wow, just wow!!! What a stunning looking building. And the interior is fantastic too. I liked seeing the worn steps. The artwork is lovely. The architecture of the nearby buildings is nice too. I like that garden. It was a shame to see graffiti on that building. What is wrong with people?! Happy T-Day!

Linda Kunsman said...

Gosh, every time I come here to see your beautiful France pictures I am transported <3 That café brunch looks amazing, and obviously hubby enjoyed it- at least in the first pic you made him stop eating for:):)
Loving the buildings and shops- and how wonderful to see the Picasso Museum! Happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm glad you were able to find a table :) That food looks delicious! I'd love that museum. The architecture with the mix of old, ornate buildings and modern structures is a treat during your walking, I'm sure. I look forward to more museums :) Happy T Tuesday!

My name is Erika. said...

Isn't exploring so much fun? Oh you found a great place for lunch (yummy) and the Picasso Museum looks like a really great place to visit. So much interesting art! And the little garden is beautiful. Well maybe it wasn't so little. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to the next Paris post. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun day you gave us. I loved the photos from the market, but the Picasso Museum was one I bet I could have spent an entire day in. It looked fabulous, I've never seen worn steps before. Almost as intriguing as the art.

What a fabulous brunch. You were very lucky. The food looks wonderful and your drinks, including the juice was perfect for T this Tuesday. BTW, that apartment block was unique. Nothing like showing your life to the rest of the world (grin).

Iris Flavia said...

Now that looks like a real fun day out!
Nice you got a table to enjoy the food and drinks. And the art.. market... summer!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Lovely photos Chris. It's always a pleasure visiting your blog at this time of year to grab a bit of summer sunshine x

froebelsternchen said...

Wonderful pics! What a great trip this was!!! Gorgeous!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Library, gallery and cafe - what's not to love? The last day in Paris must be bitter sweet - but oh, the memories.

I'm fascinated by Picasso, not that I like all of his work, but he was such a brilliant and eccentric man - much to the pain of people close to him!

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Lisca said...

Wonderful to see your Paris photos. I love armchair tourism.
The Picasso museum looks fascinating. I have been to the Picasso museum in Malaga and that was very good too.
That brunch looks really yummy. Makes me feel hungry.
Sorry I'm late, but happy (belated) T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca