Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 20 December 2018

Winter song.....

I have made another journal page - great to have had some time - most of our gifts have been bought now( couple of vouchers required still) and some have even been wrapped!
For the last few years I seem to have been rushing around last minute and wrapping up on the day we were due to swap gifts - having said to hubby last year that I didn't like the last minute rush he has made it his business to help me along this year and, although it has been hectic, I am looking forward to a quieter run up to Christmas itself!!
My page reflects my calmer feelings right now...and I have used some  Christmas cards received in the past - I can see potential in a few more too!
I tore parts of two cards (the trees with the swans and the glittery branches). The swans on the icy lake (which is some stamped under paper)) were from a lovely wild bird card and the icy edge was a cut flower from a birthday card. I added tissue paper music and the words computer generated. I had though of calling it Swan Song but these pairs of swans are not about to die but to remain together over the Winter and go on to raise some cygnets in the Spring! 

This page is of course for Elizabeth's 'My Favourite Season or'Tis the Season' theme at Art Journal Journey!
and also
More Mixed Media Challenge Anything Goes with optional white

I was going to make today's post about my Christmas cards but I'll give it a little longer for them to reach their destinations!

Thanks for looking, Chris


10 comments:

Helen said...

that's a great idea to re-use old cards like that, and the page looks fab! I should be wrapping tonight but have put it off AGAIN! but at least it's all ready to do...

Meggymay said...

I love your fantastic page and how you recycled the cards.
I save my old cards as well and cut them into toppers until I find a use for them.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

What a lovely page and what a fab idea to use some cars to build up so lovely a scene.
We swapped numbers but not addies so I owe you a "C" card. Guess it is a bit late now so will have to make it up some other way.,
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

I do love the winter and peaceful feel to this page Chris. It's beautiful. And glad you found some art time. I'm hoping maybe this weekend I'll get bit! Have a wonderful holiday Chris. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had never cut or torn old cards until this year. It's a great way to recycle, because they get lost in the recycle bin otherwise. This page is beautiful, and I love the colors you used, too. Thanks for sharing this with us using my theme at Art Journal Journey, dear Chris. BTW, your gift is NOT in the mail!

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous cool and calm colours and images Chris. Merry Christmas xxx

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful page! Recycling the Christmas cards was a brilliant idea and it has such a lovely peacefulness to it 😁. Your hubby is the best helping you this year with Christmas preparations and you have captured the season wonderfully! Wishing you a happy weekend and a very Merry Christmas! J 😊 x

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful use of old Christmas cards on this pretty page Chris!

A fantastic entry for Elizabeth's theme! We all need calmness as it is the cradle of power!
Thank you for all the support for AJJ this December even though you have a lot to do. Lovely from your hubby to help! You are a lucky girl to be with such a good boy!
Big hugs, Susi

Divers and Sundry said...

What a serene page! I especially like that row of trees at the top, and that sweet bird at the tip top of one of them. I'm glad your approach to Christmas will have the calmness you sought :)

Pamellia said...

Hi Chris. Just wanted to drop in and wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Thank you for the lovely e-card! Have a wonderful holiday and I'll see you in 2019! hugs