Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 29 December 2018

Summer memories!

Hi everyone! I do hope everyone had what they wanted from Christmas! We were lucky to spend some family time, first with my middle son and our grandchildren then with the whole family(including ex-husband and family)
We were rather tired after the second event on Thursday - a party hosted by us!!! It was lots of fun though, with a few games thrown in - it seems to have become challenge time between the three brothers!!

We recovered yesterday though, in rather sober manner, by attending a friends funeral! 

Today we came back from shopping and after lunch I found time to complete a journal page I started before Christmas.
The background is paint, handmade 'washi', my favourite Crafty individuals background stamp and some CI paper. I added the wren image from a CI sheet, some Sizzix (Tim Holtz) wildflower die cuts, words(computer and die cut) and some gold paint spatters!
The wren reminds me of Summer as that is when we see the wren on our decking in the mornings! 

It is my entry for Elizabeth's 'My favourite season or 'tis the season' theme at Art Journal Journey.

I will also enter at 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Anything Goes

I still have another page, which I hope I can add tomorrow!

Thanks for looking, Chris

14 comments:

Meggymay said...

A beautiful summer page Chris.
Its sounds like you have had a busy, but lovely time with the family.
Have a good weekend.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So glad your after Christmas celebrations went well. It made me feel good that you spent time with your entire family, too.

This is a breathtaking journal page, Chris. You are always so meticulous and this entry is spellbinding. The wren is adorable and the background is impressive. It made me feel so good that you took time during this busy season to share this entry using my theme at Art Journal Journey with us. Thank you and Happy New Year, Chris.

Helen said...

Love the colours on this page, Chris. Glad you had a family-filled Christmas

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page, glad you were able to spend time with all your family. Have great day, and a happy new year, hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

Sounds like a fun time over Christmas Chris. You will be ready for a rest by now.

The arty project is beautiful

Hope 2019 will be good for you and yours

Love Chrissie xx

froebelsternchen said...

This summer smile page is precious Chris and I am glad to hear all went well with celebrating! It can be very much work - at least we had also a lot of work and preparation with inviting friends and family here.
Thank you very much for supporting Elizabeth's theme in such an amazing way this December! Much appreciated!
Happy New Year dear Chris!
You just made me happy with the wonderful Christmas card - Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Big hugs, Susi

My name is Erika. said...

Oh the thoughts of summer-this page is beautiful Chris and gives me hope. The colors are just gorgeous. You sound like you had a fun holiday, except for the funeral part. Hope you have a wonderful end to your year and start to 2019. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

A party and a funeral. Quite opposites.
Love the page. Brings a smile. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

It sounds like your season was a full one! Joys and sorrows together... What a difficult time for a loss :( but then there's never a good time :(

I like the texture and depth is this piece. Wrens are such fun birds to watch. I always look for them :)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Glad you had a good Christmas break Chris, sorry to hear about the funeral though. I love discovering unfinished journal pages, there something very special about finishing them off. Love the addition of the wildflowers.
Wishing you a super New Year full of happiness and good health.
Creative Hugs Tracey xx

Brenda Brown said...

Sounds like you’ve had a wonderful Christmas full of love and fun peppered with a little sadness but how lovely to have all your family together. Your journal page is fabulous and perfect after the cold, damp spell we’ve had.
Have a wonderful new year and may it be filled with peace, love and many more creative moments. hugs Brenda xxx

Neet said...

A lovely journal page and what sounds to have been a wonderful Christmas - just as it should be - packed with family.
Love the background on your journal and the lettering and the addition of the main focus - the little wren, is fabulous! How lucky to have a wren visit you in real life.
Hugs, Neet xx

Mrs.B said...

Sounds like you had a good Christmas Chris, and it's nice that you managed some crafting time too. Love the page, gorgeous colours.
Best Wishes for 2019.
Avril xx

craftytrog said...

Simply gorgeous page Chris! I love the wren!
Glad you had a lovely Christmas with the family,
Alison xox