Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 29 November 2018

Vintage page!

Hi everyone! I am pleased to say that my leg is a lot better today! We have had a few gentle walks and this afternoon attended a party to celebrate the end of the decoration of the shared areas here at our retirement complex! It really does look lovely and has been worth the wait! 

I have had some time to play with my art journals too and I have also used some papers I have had for ages which I rediscovered while having a tidy!!!
The page started with some scraps of ephemera type paper which I stencilled over with an AALL and Create stencil using texture paste! Once it was dry I sprayed it with brown shades of ink. The papers I used are from a very old Graphic 45 set - Domestic Goddess - I tore one piece out and cut off part of another image, which I stuck down over some cheesecloth. I added lace, stick on pearls and a sentiment!

I am entering this at.. 
Art Journal Journey for Erika's Vintage or Modern theme 
and also at..
A Vintage Journey - Paper Stash


Thanks for looking, Chrisx

15 comments:

Helen said...

What a fab page with the vintage ephemera! Glad your leg is recovering.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page Chris, glad your leg is better. Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

An awesome collage page Chris, I love all the super vintage additions and the super textures.
Glad your leg is getting better.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Chris this is a super page. I love these fabulous vintage ladies. They work so well with the laces, paper and cheesecloth. The background alone is quite pretty! Thanks again for joining us at AJJ Chris! Your support has been very much appreciated. Hugs-Erika

Kate Yetter said...

A beautiful page, Chris! I love that texture from the doily and the muted pink tones that you used.
Kate

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a lovely feminine journal entry, dear Chris. It's a gem and so romantic looking with the lace and "pearls." It's a great entry for Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey, and we are very pleased you have shared so many of your beautiful journal pages with us this month.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Forgot to mention how happy I was to read your leg is better. And just think, you got to help decorate the commons area for Christmas. Probably much to T's chagrin (grin).

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous page Chris with beautiful images and visual textures xxx

Neet said...

A delightful page Chris, love those images and the way you have included texture into your journal. Can see why you are on the DT - a well deserved place for a talented crafter.
Hugs, Neet xx

A Pink said...

A wonderful page , Chris. Lovely use of texture and delicate tones - an ideal setting for your feminine imagery . Thanks for joining us at a Vintage Journey .
x

froebelsternchen said...

So good to hear your leg is better! I am in LOVE with this wonderful and rich layered vintage page dear Chris and want to say thank you very much for all your wonderful support this month for AJJ again! You know how much your art is appreciated!
Happy weekend! Take good care of you!
Big hugs, Susi

Rita said...

So glad your leg is better.
Pretty page. That underwear is from another time, but so feminine. ;)

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely delightful vintage images and textured layering - I love the soft pink tones too, and I'm not usually one for pink! Gorgeous!
Alison x

sarascloset said...

Such a lovely design, Chris! I love the muted colors and the beautiful texture of your stenciling which draws your eye around the page. I'm sorry I'm not around much, but I do get some time to quickly stalk your blog. I just had to stop in today to thank you for your lovely comments on my blog--you are such a dear to spend the time. I also enjoyed my little stroll around Prague, and am happy to learn today your leg is feeling better. Merry Christmas!

S@ndy Diller said...

You have used your paper stash in such a lovely way. So much vintage charm and the textures are so warm and welcoming. Thanks for joining our challenge this month at A Vintage Journey.