Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 9 November 2018

Old or new?

Hi everyone, What a dilemma! I wanted to make a journal page for Art Journal Journey. Erika is hosting this month with the theme 'Vintage or Modern' I just didn't know what to do do.....but then I started to clear out some scraps and it became Vintage!!
I found an some papers held together with split rings - I added some more pages (old designer papers, gelli prints, different papers--you know what I mean)and used some of the many scraps I have to make a junk journal - I have another one using an old sketchbook! Even after a sort out I still have small bags and fairly big boxes with magazine pages that I have saved for either inspiration or scraps that I have thought might come in handy! As I must have saved them for 'something' I am on a mission to get some into some collages.
The main image is from an advert in a craft magazine I think.

At the moment the wind is howling outside as we sit in our caravan...but...we have a wi-fi! It was only installed on the site the other week and after a few teething problems it seems to be OK!

Thanks for looking, Chris

9 comments:

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page Chris, it is a super vintage image you used as well. We all have the sort of stock boxes you described, one day they may be space to add more.
Have a good weekend.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

It came out amazing Chris. Sometimes just digging through scraps leads to some of the best art, doesn't it? And fun, plus you get to clean. Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

Brenda Brown said...

Love your vintage collage Chris, it’s a great way to use up some off those scraps we seem to hoard xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm in awe of your vintage collage, Chris. I love that you are recycling and using what you have. The focal image is by Paper Whimsy. They have lovely children, many with wings. You paired her well with the butterfly. It's a darling entry and perfect for Art Journal Journey.

froebelsternchen said...

This is amazing - I love your journal page and I love the idea of your junk journals and look forward to all pages in them! Happy weekend dear Chris! Thanks for another fanulous entry for Erika's AJJ theme! Big hugs, Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page Chris. Scraps are always good, I can always find 'inspiration' in the many scraps on my table. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

WendyK said...

Great page Chris. We are just a big group of hoarders. They do come in useful sometimes, if you can find them of course.

Words and Pictures said...

Love this page - there's something very evocative about that girl, and the collaged scraps work really well together.
Alison x

Neet said...

I so enjoy seeing your journal pages Chris and always wonder why I cannot do something similar. Well ... I am going to give it a try. Not promising I will enter the challenge but thought I would tell you you have inspired me to do something a little different in a journal. I so love how you put bits of paper together and it tells a story.
Hugs, Neet xx