Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 17 August 2015

Under the sea for dragons!!

I love to look at the sea but as a non-swimmer I have to say that to be under the sea does not appeal to me at all. I do quite like to watch nature programmes though!
Now, to my entry for Dragons Dream TIO 197 which this time is Helen's choice - number 5, and a little riddle for you!
Are you humming the tune yet?
I must confess that it has been going around in my head since I first saw the challenge! 
The original tag I thought of has had a bit of a change since by seeing the Thats Crafty challenge - Under the Sea
I started by using Distress inks, Faded Jeans, Pine Needles and Dusty Concord randomly over my tag, a few spatters of water then using Picket Fence Distress Stain stamped on some random sequin waste(Artistic Stamper)The seaweed is a seedhead stamp but can't name the company as it is loose in my box, as is the hand)The fish is a very old Elusive Images wood mounted stamp - one of the first stamps I ever bought….to make a birthday card I think!
I used Flitterglu and then metal flakes - I must say I am most impressed how sharp the image is - I have only ever used the glue randomly before!
Now here's a big clue IF you haven't got it yet…for the words 'once', 'why?' and 'because' I used three different letter sets and used a sakura pen around the edges.
Nearly finished..I added some Viva Decor Emerald Maya Gold to the seaweed and around the edge of the tag before finding some suitable ribbon and thread.
Now….you've got it haven't you…

1,2,3,4,5…
Once I caught a fish alive,
Why did you let him go?'
Because he bit my finger so,
Which finger did he bite?,
This little finger on the right!

Okay I tricked you - the only hand stamps I have are all left hands and the only way the hand looked okay was to place it on the left! 

I am entering the following Challenges

Dragons Dream TIO197 Number 5

That's Crafty - Under the Sea

Thanks for looking, Chris

12 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had never heard that saying or song before, so I'm glad you shared it. I like how you turned the finger red after the fish bit it. It's a cute, cute tag and Helen will be proud, I'm sure. It is pretty awesome, especially with the fish and the background you chose, which definitely looks like the sea.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely tag, I remember that rhyme well, my grandchildren loved singing it as kids, too. Hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

Great tag with a fun guessing game. Lovely background to show off the glorious fish

Love Chrissie xx

Nikki Acton said...

Ha ha Chris - now I have it in my head too. Love the sequin paste (not tried that!) and the gilding for the fish. Please don't apologise for the lack of visits - I have been very absent the last couple of months too. Nikki xxx

Helen said...

Well I got the rhyme but not all the sneaky bits behind it! Thanks for joining in with us at the DragonsDream again! Gorgeous tag.

Meggymay said...

Thank you Chris, this rhyme is buzzing in my head as well now. Its a fantastic tag, even with the left hand.
Yvonne xx

Mrs.B said...

Great tag Chris, love the gilded fish, and I'll probably be singing this all night now!
Avril xx

Rika said...

Great tag, beautiful background!

Lauren Hatwell said...

LOL It was on my list but I couldn't think how to express it. You've done it brilliantly :oD Lx

Annie said...

Great tag! I did not know that rhyme. I love how the fish looks. What a cool technique. Awesome background too.

Karla B said...

Gorgeous tag!

Words and Pictures said...

Yes, I'm singing along - and will be for the rest of the day, probably! Great riddle tag - hope you can get a plaster on that finger soon! The Flitterglu fish is marvellous, and I love the shimmery seaweed around the edges too.
Alison xx