Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 4 May 2015

Darcy's Calendar Challenge 2015….

…..and the other one!
I am loving this challenge of Darcy's! Darcy gives a set of instructions to follow and you have a month in which to complete your page.


Here is a reminder of the rules for May. 

1.. Keep a part of the original picture and incorporate that into your design
2, Technique - Make marks,... scratching or stamping into texture paste/thick gesso/spackle/glue anything that will hold the shape
3. Add – an image that depicts your star sign/horoscope (drawing,painting,magazine image)
4. Blog your calendar page and link up from May 1st 2015

I went away before I could finish mine and not much point taking it with me as I wouldn't have been able to post it!
I added Gesso to my page and ran a cut up 'credit' card through it. When it was dry, smudged on a mixture of Dylusions inks - London Blue and Crushed Grape. Stamped - with Archival black - using parts of some background stamps. Coloured in closer to the butterflies with Distress markers - Picked Raspberry and Dusty Concorde and brought it closer with a water brush.
My star sign Sagittarius is represented by a bow and arrow and makes up the body of the largest butterfly.I had to resort to the internet for this!
Here is how it looked before

My other calendar is the one you will only see here as I can no longer link it!
and, although I have already started filling it in, I remembered to photograph it while we were away

I sprayed randomly with London Blues and Crushed Grape Dylusions - letting it drip in all directions. Used up some ink on an ink pad through a stencil, then stamped a background stamp around the edge. The flowers were stamped using an Artemio flower left on my desk. I added some white flowers with a pen! 

I will have to be ready for next month as we will be getting ready for our trip to France!

Thanks for looking - I hope you will come back to the 60's with me again tomorrow! Chris

16 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Loveyour calendar pages! GREAT!

sirkkis said...

The first calendar has a gorgeous background texture and colour. The two others are beautiful and creative, too.

Helen said...

your Darcy calendar is fabulous, but I love the April page for Kate's challenge, and May is so pretty, too!

Mrs.B said...

Love your first calendar page Chris, gorgeous colour and textures.
Great layout on the others.
Avril xx

catherine said...

Fabulous calendar pages Chris and love those butterflies and the colours you have used
x catherine

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice ideas with your calendars! Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Loving your calendar pages Chris, fantastic texture and detail.
Yvonne xx

Margik said...

Your first calendar is fabulous and I love the colours and textures. And I like the fantastic background on the others.
Hugs, Mar

Unknown said...

I really love your background-especially the colours!!

chrissie said...

These are wonderful and it is a great idea

Love Chrissie xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't believe I missed this, but if I hadn't come back to your blog rather than your link, I would have missed this post.

Darcy's calendar page is lovely, but I am just SO, SO, SO impressed with your other one. You always put mine to shame, because you put SO much into each month, both stamping and cutting those squares. I am incredibly impressed and wish I had your skills for making such lovely calendars.

APG Jamie said...

very well placed bow & arrow ^5 love it

massofhair said...

Loving your subtle star sign addition Chris, very clever of you to incorporate it into the butterfly! Fantastic transformation from the original :-) xxx

Unknown said...

WOW!! What stunning colours and just look at how fabulously this turned out - this is incredible hun - love it!! xx

Pamellia said...

Wow Chris, this is one of my favourites!! I just love the bright colours and butterflies are my favourite, so of course I love those!! Amazing layout for a spring calender page! hugs :)

Esther said...

oooh pretty calender pages...clever use of your birth symbol on those butterflies...Esther xx