Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 1 November 2014

Innsbruck to…….

……..Salzburg. We had time for a little walk to the shops before we went to catch our train - I'll show you what I bought another time!
At the station I walked along the platform to take a photo of this crumbling building
On our journey lots to see


When we arrived in Salzburg our room wasn't ready but we were able to leave our cases and the receptionist gave us directions to a typical Austrian cafe where we had a delicious lunch!
A short walk, right past….C&A…...with a special 1 day sale - 20% off..so of course we had to go back there later!!!
 After lunch we walked back to the hotel and once we were ready went out again and walked down past where we had lunch, to the old town.

 Salzburg looked promising…see Sioux's blog here too!
Especially the strudel - ha ha!!

A lovely building in front of us.
We walked back to the hotel with a call in to C&A - I had intended a shop there at some time but with a discount it made sense to do it then!

A meal in the hotel was fine but would have been better if I could have had my first choice! 
With view from the window of twinkling lights we went off to bed looking forward to our full day in Salzburg!
My page for the day

Thanks for looking, Chris

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm not sure which I enjoy more, the gorgeous photos of the area, or your artwork depicting what was important each day. Really loved the old architecture. You certainly don't see ANYTHING like that here in the States. It looked cold there. Still not bad here where I live, but I see everyone is wearing jackets and coats there.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Forgot to ask. What is C&A?

Helen said...

What, the C&A we used to have here?! Great photos, though the skies look a little grey! Shame about your first choice dinner - but what you had looks ok!
Love your journal drawings.

Anonymous said...

Great photos Chris. They bring back such happy memories.....I love Salzburg. I'll be in touch very soon. S xxx

Artyjen said...

Such gorgeous views on the way to Salzburg.....can't wait to see your next day there :)
xoxo Sioux

Pamellia said...

Wow Chris, your book is going to make such a great memento of your trip! Well done! hugs :)

Zue said...

What a time you are having. These faraway places are so beautiful!
Thank you for your comment, it's lovely to get such encouraging comments from you.
A nightingale....I know a song called A Nightingale Sang in Berkely Square, but that's probably not what you had in mind :)
Zue xxx

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Chris, eekks I have missed 2 cites on the tour, glad to get caught up. Your photos are fabulous and the strudel looks yummy, I'm loving your journal sketches, thanks for sharing the journey..