Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 23 September 2014

Oh! Joy! Dreaming…...

We've been up at our caravan over the weekend - got back latish  last night, as we came home via the scenic route through the Forest of Bowland. It's quite a detour but the scenery makes it so worth it!
So this morning was a shopping trip to stock up on food. Came home and checked the date for the Dragons Dream TIO Challenge 175 - Yikes!! It's today so this afternoon made my entry!
We have been serenaded early mornings and evenings by robins and then over the weekend a wren kept coming onto the railings of the decking(wouldn't stay long enough for a photo)and then when I really listened I could hear both the robin and the wren - quite similar songs but nevertheless the differences can be detected!
This then was my inspiration for my tag!
Some distress inks on my mat spritzed and then dragged the tag through. The die cut was on the front of a Tattered Lace magazine and I have already used it quite a lot. I then added my pretend text stamp(string wrapped around a piece of wood)and stencilled through my new Memory Box umbrel around the edge. The wren stamp is from an Inkylicious set. I had plans to heat emboss the word 'Joy' with gold  but have 'mislaid' my powder(again!)so made do with brushing the ink over while still wet with mica powder, which led to me doing the same with edges(which already had been inked with Picked Raspberry distress)I had to outline the 'Joy" as it didn't show up on the photo!
The wren was also coloured with distress inks but her(surely Jenny Wren?)chest doesn't show up in this photo either!

Still - an 'Ode to Joy' for me, I love hearing the birds singing especially on the unusually warm evenings we had!

 Linking to Dragons Dream TIO 175 'J and diecuts'

Thanks for looking, Chris  

6 comments:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just amazing, I love your tag. Fabulous color scheme and lovely bird. Thanks for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream Tag It On.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Ah, the joys of birds singing in the early evening sunset. What a gorgeous tag. Anything with birds in it makes me happy. What also made me happy was when you described your pretend text stamp. I may just have to "borrow" that idea.

Juliz Design Post said...

Isn't it so lovely to hear the birds in the garden. We also have a Robin who loves to visit for his little snack. A beautiful mix of colours on your tag and I like the mica around the edges.
Julie x

Redanne said...

The birds certainly a delight at the moment - and long may these warmer evenings last too! Your tag is beautiful, the colours are gorgeous and I love the way the garden is in silhouette! Hugs, Anne xx

Helen said...

As always your tags are fabulous! Last minute or not (bit like my commenting!) it is no less for it! thanks for dreaming with the dragons again - new one up already, get going, lol!!

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Chris, I love your tag, the colors are gorgeous, makes the beautiful die cut really pop out and that sweet bird, your so lucky to hear some bird songs, and you always have the perfect topping on your tags, using the string on the stamp, okay BRILLIANT, looks fabulous, I can't wait to try it, thanks for sharing....