Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 18 September 2014

I love Paris tag

I've had something like this in my head for sometime - just didn't have the time to get everything from the far flung corners of my craft room!
I love Tim's way of layering papers, stencils, stamps etc. and do quite a lot of layering when I play in my journals or make cards.
This time I had a tag in  mind.
I started by using a very old Dylusions spray through a stencil, then added ink through Tim's doily stencil.
I then used parts of a poster stamp from Attic Treasures over the tag. I had some papers ready but only used one of them in the end.
It was here that I changed my mind and had to go search out some linen to stamp my image(a Gibson girl from The Artistic Stamper)
I find it easier to ink the stamp and then lay the linen on the stamp.
The little brown tag was free in a magazine( I cut the bottom edge with a chomper) and I used another stamp from Attic treasures on a small piece of French book text, the button was free in a goodie bag. My piece of lace was cut from doily that I bought from the table that is set up in Church each week. My flourish (Tim's of course) was cut from a cereal box
All I needed to add were some flowers,textured ribbon and muslin at the bottom and ribbon to the tags.

I would like to enter in the following challenges

A Vintage Journey - Challenge 14 'With a Flourish'
ABC challenge - 'T is for tic-tac-toe' I have chosen the 'flowers, lace, die' down row
Try it on Tuesdays - 'Recycle it' challenge

Thanks for looking, Chris

12 comments:

chrissie said...

This is very beautiful with great layers and lovely recycling

Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie x

Redanne said...

Your tag is beautiful Chris, I love that Gibson girl and she looks wonderful on the fabric and that lace really is lovely. Thanks so much for joining in Jennie's Flourish challenge at A Vintage Journey. Anne xx

Juliz Design Post said...

Soft delicate layers and like your Gibson girl onto fabric, suits the elegance of this stamp and your add of lace in the mix. Beautiful.
Julie x

Lindsay Mason said...

Really lovely Chris, and I approve of the upcycling! Hope to see you at Burnley or Port Sunlight in the next few weeks....or both?! x

Annie said...

What a stunning tag Chris :-) wonderful details/layers and the colours are gorgeous

Crafty hugs and best wishes
Annie x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You put a LOT of effort into this tag. I was so impressed with all the layers you created, and all the techniques you used to accomplish the look of this gorgeous tag. Very Paris looking, even though I've never been there.

Words and Pictures said...

Just gorgeous, Chris - I love the fabric stamping, such beautiful textures and layers. I love the baby kraft stamp, and the subtle vintage colour palette - a delight! Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison xx

Dianne said...

This tag is FANTASTIC, all that inking, layers, gorgeous colors, different techniques, looooooove the stamping on the linen and what a great tip on inking it, I will try that, you have embellished beautifully so inspirational, thanks for sharing, hope you have a wonderful week, ((( BIG HUGS ))).....

Evil Edna said...

beautiful layeering thank you for joining us at TIOT.EE

crafty creations said...

I love Paris too !!! Your tag is stunning love the elements

Hilda x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Chris, This is a gorgeous tag, I love the image stamped onto fabric, looks so soft and delicate.
A great piece of recycling.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday
Avril

Mojca said...

Waw this looks really pretty. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. hugs! Mojca