Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 5 August 2014

In-cog-nito!

Before you start to look here just be warned I was in a bit of a frivolous mood so please indulge me and be nice!

It all started when I saw the challenge for Dragons Dream this time, which set me thinking - Hmm? P and cogs? Pear - obviously, cogs? then remembered an embossing folder that would solve that problem. Then we went away for the weekend - didn't take anything with me except knitting (Oh yes! I've started knitting again)

I didn't feel like crafting when we got home but I did have a chance to catch up on some blog hopping etc! I had seen the challenge at A Vintage Journey - Just Stain It and hoped that I might be able to play then…..looked at Paper Artsy last night and suddenly I had a plan - so I slept on it.

This morning I cut a tag from some packaging and ran it through my big shot in a cog folder. Then got my Distress stains out - what????(I'll show you later)
I used Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo to stain the card and using a nib to add embossing ink to parts of the cogs I added Frantage Aged Aqua distress powder and melted that, then some more ink and added some copper distress powder. Both randomly as I didn't want a total covering.

I stamped a pear using a wooden mounted stamp by Rubber Stampede that I bought when I first started my blog, coloured it with the same two Distress stains. 

While I'd been working the word "incognito" came into my head so tore a definition from an old dictionary.
Next the leaf on the pear - Keren Baker used wire in her plaque here  so I stamped the leaf onto some paper I had in my leftovers bag and cut it out


I put glue and wire onto the leaf attached to the pear

and added the cut out leaf - I love the way it curls now.

The 'p' was stamped onto a piece of the same paper and stuck underneath a cog, I then trimmed a square plastic sticky backed bubble to go over it.
I used my stains again to colour the little bit of muslin(this is something we did at Tim's workshop last year) I wish I hadn't forgotten this technique and used my stains more often as I would have known about this sooner!!!……

Is it just me? What has happened?????
I edged the tag with Antique Bronze Distress stain

Now this is where I thought I have some fun, when I found the dictionary definition I thought I would add a little photo of myself - well I am pear shaped after all!! Okay, so it's not a very good disguise but I hope it makes you smile!

Thanks for looking, Chris

I'm entering this in:- 
The Dragons Dream Tag it on 172 Challenge 'p' and cogs
A Vintage Journey - Challenge 11 Just Stain it
Paper Artsy - inspired by Keren Baker

17 comments:

Artyjen said...

Cool......such fun. :)
xoxo Sioux

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, I LOVE your tag...it's so 'you' and put a smile on my face :) Take care dear lady. Lots of love. S xxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a fantastic idea and a wonderful tag. Thanks for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream Tag It On.

Anonymous said...

Great tag Chris. I LOVE the pear. Karen.x

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Lovely tag, it made me smile. Dee x

Julie Lee said...

I just love this wonderful and original tag, Chris! It's certainly an example of 'thinking outside the box'! Also that pear looks delicious! Thank you for dreaming with the Dragons! xx

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is fantastic Chris, I love the pear! xxx

Words and Pictures said...

A treat of a tag, Chris - love your pear-shaped portrait! And great use of the Stains - they're definitely one of my favourite mediums. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison xx

Keren Baker said...

Wow. That is beautiful - love how you've created that leaf- gorgeous colours and I love the whole project x

Ruth said...

Love all the texture you've created, fabulous colours! Ruth x

Darcy Marshall said...

oh cool, the leaf is great, so dimensional now.

Etsuko said...

Fabulous tag! beautiful pear shaped and it make me smile, I love the background too! xx

May said...

Fabulous tag... Love your sweet face on the pear..amazing idea... love the background & fantastic colours...WOW...Thank you for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream... Hugs May x x

Jenny Marples said...

Oh this is lovely Chris. Glad you remembered the stains for the ribbon as it has made all the difference at the top of your beautiful tag. Thank you so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Chris Just back from holidays and had to visit, your tag is gorgeous and brilliantly created, the pear is FANTASTIC, pear shaped woman are special, hhggmm being one myself, just brilliant and it made me smile big I love it, your background is just gorgeous, fabulous texture, your ribbons turned out beautiful, thanks for sharing....

ElizabethR said...

Brilliant Chris I love it, thanks for sharing with us at the Dragons Dream TIO. Elizabeth x

Gabrielle said...

Absolutely adore your tag! Such a brilliant interpretation of the theme - the pear is a brilliant 'p' and your face popping out really amused me. Thank you for joining in with us at DDTIO xxx (ps hope the knitting's going well - I can knit a scarf - just!)